One question most candidates often face when writing a resume:
Do I need a career objective or not?
In most cases, the answer is Yes.
There are many situations where employers like to see an objective statement on the top of the resume. These include:
- You are a beginner, seeking an entry-level position
- You are going to change your career path
- There are considerable gaps in your career history
- The employer has specifically asked you to write a career objective
- You are writing a federal resume
Whatever the case may be, if you decide to write a career objective, it has to be a perfect one since it is the topmost section of your resume.
In fact, an objective is the first thing the employer is going to read about you.
Therefore, make it appealing to the reader by formatting it more like an offering statement.
It must be remembered that useful objectives are always employer-centered.
How to write the best objective for a resume?
Put yourself in the employer’s shoes – would you like to read the resume which begins with this kind of objective?:
‘To seek a management position with a progressive firm where I can grow professionally and financially.’
No! The most important thing to remember is that a reasonable objective says what you can do for them.
That is to say, it must never state what you expect from the job.
Here are some examples of best-written objectives in the conventional as well as the profile summary format.
The Best 6 Resume Objective Examples By Profession
1. To obtain a Teacher position with ACE Academy where my skills in lesson planning, classroom control, and progress gauging will be fully utilized to make a difference in the lives of students.
2. Seeking an Office Administrator position with HDF Enterprises. Offering expertise in file cataloging, correspondence generation, and database maintenance to smoothen office operations.
3. Energetic culinary graduate seeking to contribute to Hyatt International in the capacity of a Sous Chef. Bringing competencies in a wide range of sweet and savory cookery including English, French, Chinese and Italian cuisines.
4. Upbeat and results-driven Customer Service professional seeking a position with ABC Company in the capacity of a customer service representative. Eager to bring a significant difference by using my excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong convincing power, and effective time management abilities.
5. Compassionate, innovative, and vigilant activity designer, seeking work in the capacity of Activity Facilitator at Little Angels Academy. Employing a track record of developing and implementing age-specific activities to maximize the learning of kids. Competent in behavioral and educational counseling at all levels.
6. Detail-oriented and meticulous Secretary seeking a position with ABC Company. Poised to leverage my 6+ years’ experience in correspondence management, front desk handling, and office organization.