The changing face of the job world has brought with it many conveniences – and some difficulties as well.
Where it was once relatively easy to get away with writing ordinary, tried and tested resume objectives, the same doesn’t work anymore.
In the year of 2018, employers are looking for more profound and “tell-all” resume objectives that will save them time and money in determining who to hire.
Resume objectives are now considered branding statements. Instead of merely charting out the candidate’s knowledge and skills, they brand him or her as an individual without whom the company is running at a loss.
These branding statements convey your value to a prospective employer along with offering a unique perspective on them. For at least the next couple of years, when you think resume objective, think more along the lines of selling your value to a prospective employer in 3 sentences or less.
The fact is that you spend hours writing a resume and employers take only a few seconds to accept or reject you – all by reading the first section which is the objective.
Resume objectives need to be attention-grabbers of the most potent kind. If you knock them out with the introduction, they will surely come back for more.
So what would be considered as amazing resume objectives in the year 2018?
If you can take hints from how a professional summary is written and emulate it to write a resume objective, your success is almost certain. Here we have compiled some of the best objectives across a variety of industries.
2018 Resume Objectives
• Forward-thinking Marketing Manager, looking for a position at ARY utilizing a unique combination of marketing and sales skills. Demonstrated ability to think analytically and provide positive results that translate into profitable outcomes.
• Seeking a position as a Teacher at Giuseppe High School offering exceptional expertise in creating and implementing student-centered curriculum and lessons.
• Desire a Project Manager position with Atrium Conservation bringing intense interest in conserving local ecology, through the implementation of tested and novel preservation methodologies.
• Hardworking, customer service-oriented and exceptionally self-motivated Sales Associate looking for a position at Macy’s. Eager to apply skills in suggestive selling, deal closing and customer satisfaction at every stage of their shopping experience.
• Looking for an Account Manager position at ABM Securities. Offers documented success in multiplying clients’ portfolio earnings by providing well-researched market suggestions.
Last updated on