Receptionists are usually the first point of contact for customers and guests of an organization. Apart from performing their regular front desk and tier-1 duties, they are expected to provide ongoing clerical and secretarial support.
A cover letter for a receptionist position contains information of applicant’s skills in performing basic front office administration tasks and providing support to the staff.
Take a look at the following example to get help with crafting a receptionist cover letter.
701 Claiborn Street
Danville, VA 36281
jennifer @ email . com
January 18, 2017
Mr. Oliver Mater
123 Shore Drive
Danville, VA 13242
Dear Mr. Mater:
Comprehending the need for excellence in front desk and administrative work and the ability to work efficiently with customers and coworkers, I would like to offer my services as a Receptionist for Trinity Group. As a highly-motivated and punctual individual with exceptional track record, I am eager to contribute to your ongoing success.
I am very proficient in managing day to day administrative and front-desk work. Particularly, I am talented in:
• Managing multi-line telephone exchange and routing calls to appropriate individuals
• Greeting visitors in a very polite and friendly manner
• Handling the visitor entry and security processes
• Writing, sending and receiving correspondence and emails
• Working effectively with coworkers in a healthy team environment
• Utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel to perform secretarial tasks
Moreover, I possess effective team building skills and a high level of accuracy that is the reason of my success as a receptionist.
My enclosed resume will provide you with more details of my relevant experience, accomplishments and skills. I will call your office after a few days to ask for an interview date and will be available at (000) 999-2356 if you need more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.