Order pickers work in company warehouses where their prime duty is to follow orders of picking merchandise off shelves. It may sound like the easiest job in the world, but it is actually a little more complicated than that.
Order pickers are handed dozens of lists which they have to follow. These lists may include over a few hundred products that need to be fetched and locating them is one of the most challenging parts of this job.
In more advanced settings, order pickers are provided with a headset which is used as an alternative to paper lists. Personnel at the other end tell the order picker what to pick, saving him the time to go through the list and look for products.
An order picker needs to be extremely well organized otherwise he will be roaming a warehouse for the entire day without getting much work done. People applying for this position need to mention how organized and disciplined they are so that recruiters have few problems deciding who to hire.
Let us look at a few examples of resume objectives for this position as required on a resume:
5 Best Sample Objectives for Order Picker Resume
1. Seeking a position as an Order Picker at ABC Company employing excellent physical stamina and the ability to work on a rotating shift to bring excellence in a busy warehouse environment.
2. Looking for an Order Picker position at Amway Inc. using efficiency in locating products and delivering to assembly pallet to organize the warehouse in the best possible way.
3. To obtain an Order Picker position at Collins Holmes and Co. to leverage excellence in managing accurate transactions by employing the efficient use of order picking skills.
4. To work for WERC as an Order Picker where I will be able to use my knowledge of shipping and order picking and hands-on experience in working in a warehouse environment to contribute to the success of the employer.
5. Eager order picker seeking a full-time position with Invento. Offering exceptional organizational and time management skills to work with high volumes of order picking and packing.