When you are just entering the work field as a fruit picker, you have nothing but your skills to depend on.
As a fruit picker, it is your skills that will do the trick, especially where resume writing is concerned.
Writing a resume for a fruit picker position (when you have no experience in hand) is not easy.
But with the right information, it is not too difficult either. You have to ensure that your resume highlights your positive attributes, such as inherent interest in working for fruit farms, and knowledge of fruit picking.
Also, your resume should show that you are the right person to hire because of previous achievements or academic excellence.
In the case of a fruit picker, previous volunteer or apprentice position will also come in handy.
Here is a resume sample for a fruit picker who has had no prior experience:
Fruit Picker Resume No Experience
645 Tree House Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 54702
Physically strong fruit picker, with an inherent interest in working on fruit farms. Ability to identify and pick fruit according to instructions. Well-versed in checking and packing fruits of different types and sizes.
High School Diploma
Virginia Beach High School, Virginia Beach, VA 2019
• Chosen to represent the school in the State Vegetation Project, held in Cleveland, TN, in 2018.
• Named Student of the Year 3 times in a row, owing to exceptional academic excellence.
• Continuously stood at the top of the class for 3 years, in terms of grades, and extracurricular activities.
Fruit Farm Volunteer | 1/2018 – 5/2018
Terry’s Fruit Farms, Virginia Beach, VA
• Checked order sheets in order to determine daily fruit picking activities.
• Looked through assigned farm areas to determine conditions.
• Picked fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, oranges, and apples.
• Checked each picked fruit to ensure that it was of high quality.
• Placed picked fruits in containers such as baskets and bags.
• Informed fruit farmers of any obvious problems, such as infestations or rotting.
• Assisted in labeling picked fruits.
• Placed picked and labeled fruits into crates and boxes.
• Loaded fruit crates and boxes onto delivery trucks.
|Fruit Sorting||Quality Control||Labeling|
|Fruit Selection||Boxing||Produce Packing|
|Tree Crop Picking||Hand and Machine Picking||Work Area Maintenance|