Every job seeker seems to be putting an extra effort in building a resume for operating room nurse since the job market became very aggressive. To get yourself an interview call, you need to ensure that your operating room nurse resume is well chalked out. In order to do this, the first step would be to find out and ascertain your prospective employer’s needs.
OR RN Resume Tips
Here are some helpful tips that will guide you in customizing your resume:
• Pay attention to the key terms used in the job advertisement and make sure you include these in your skill’s section
• Always support your claims with relevant accomplishments
• The layout, format, design and choice of language must all be in accordance to the prospective employer’s culture and norms
See the following examples to get a better idea.
402 Wilson Farm Road | Greenbrier, AR 55553 | (019) 999-9999 | [Email]
OBJECTIVE: To work as an Operating Room Nurse at Arkansas Hospital Association utilizing extensive knowledge and vast experience in surgical procedures in order to assist the surgeon in the most effective manner.
• Over 2 years’ experience in nursing profession
• Current licensure as an RN approved by the AR Board of Nurse Examiners
• Proven ability to perform exams and procedures and documenting intervention in EMR
• Well-versed in preparing and operating necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments and procedures
• Competent at sterilizing processes and procedures
• Hands on experience in providing compassionate nursing care to patients in post-op
OPERATING ROOM ACHIEVEMENTS
• Formulated and implemented a program that provides individualized nursing care in the peri-operative period
• Conducted workshops for patients on surgical and post surgical procedures to facilitate education
ABC HOSPITAL – Greenbrier, AZ
Operating Room Nurse | April 2011 – March 2013
• Consulted with healthcare teams to assess, plan and formulate patient care plans in pre and post-op
• Conducted pre and post-op educational workshops
• Took and recorded patient vital signs
• Provided basic bedside care
• Prepared and administered medications through IV, orally and subcutaneously
• Prepared surgery for procedures by managing equipment and instruments
• Assisted surgeons with patient information throughout surgical procedures
GREENBRIER SCHOOL OF NURSING – Greenbrier, AR – 2006
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Majors: Surgical Nursing
SPECIAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• CPR and First Aid certified
• Excellent grasp of medical terminology
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of nursing practices and medication administering
455 Sylvester Ave ● Livingston, NJ 58382 ● (008) 666-5555 ● jessica @ email . com
❖❖ OPERATING ROOM NURSE ❖❖
Performance Summary: Compassionate, self-reliant nursing professional offering 5+ years’ experience as a surgical nurse. Highly skilled in surgical scrubbing, suction, dressing, stitching, and preparing the operation room before procedure. Known for implementing ANA code of ethics. Bilingual: Spanish and English.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Surgeon Assistance||• Tertiary Care||• IV/IM Administration|
|• Patient Assessment||• Suturing||• Homeostasis|
|• ANA Standards||• Ambulatory Care||• Patient Positioning|
|• Post Surgical Monitoring||• Instrument Preparation||• Wound Care|
RN (Operating Room) | Barnabas Hospital, Livingston, NJ | 2011 – Present
• Administer individualized and age specific professional care to assigned patients
• Perform surgical scrub nurse duties while ensuring patient security through close surveillance
• Dress and monitor post surgery wounds and administer prescribed medicine
Key Accomplishments and Contributions
• Revised the supplies inventory system on the floor, adding minute details to it which ensured timely provision of supplies, enhancing supply availability up till 90%.
• Developed culturally competent and viable diet plan for a vegetarian patient.
• Scrubbed in a major open heart surgery preparing the OT appropriately in emergency.
• Participated in several interdepartmental quality enhancement activities and contributed effectively by implementing advance auditing techniques.
CNA (Surgery) | St. Vincent Health Care, Livingston, NJ | 2009 – 2011
• Assisted in selection and handling of instruments during surgical procedures and responsibly arranged for all OT supplies
• Monitored, recorded and communicated patient’s condition before, during and after operation
EDUCATION, LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
BSN, THE NURSING INSTITUTE, Livingston, NJ
BLS and ACLS
Licensed ARNP, RN New jersey Department of Health
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
She brought a very positive change in the management of operating room …
— Arnold Rogers, Nurse Manager, Barnabas Hospital, Livingston, NJ