What is an Objective Statement for a Nursing Resume?
Directly below the top part of a resume, where you type your name, address, contact number and e-mail address, is supposed to be a small statement with one of the following headings: “objective,” “professional objective,” or “career goal.” Typically the objective statement of a nursing resume includes 1 to 3 lines of wording, and is supposed to summarize your profession aspirations, what you are expecting from a job and what you have to present to the company.
Here are some examples to assist you create an effective nursing resume objective. As you may note, these targeted objective statements start with power verbs to influence the reader at the first glance. In fact, these statements are a good alternate of a Profile or Professional Summary.
For Experienced Nurses
• Patient-focused and compassionate professional seeking a Registered Nurse position with NJ City Hospital utilizing 8 years’ successful track record in nursing profession to contribute to the well-being of patients.
• Highly enthusiastic Nurse with contagious and positive work ethics looking for a Registered Nurse position at Mount Sinai Healthcare using exceptional skills in assessing and screening, and carrying out prescribed treatment of patients to support the long-term mission of the facility.
• Empathetic and emotionally-stable Licensed Practical Nurse looking for a position with the Cambridge Health Alliance. Bringing 7+years’ progressive experience in monitoring patients’ health and administering basic nursing care to give the utmost level of comfort and care to patients.
• Very caring and responsible nursing professional seeking an LVN position with Aspen Healthcare. Offers expertise in providing bedside care to a diversity of patients. Eager to make a significant difference in the lives of residents.
• Seeking an Occupational Therapist position at Bloomington Hospital. Bringing provision of comprehensive occupational therapy services and expertise in one-on-one care to patients to reinforce the facility’s operations.
For Entry Level Nurses
• Fresh and energetic nursing professional seeking position as a Registered Nurse at the ABC Healthcare. Bringing excellent record of nursing education and training, hands-on internship experience and outstanding interpersonal skills to attain the maximum level of patient care.
• Looking for a Practical Nurse position utilizing well-built theoretical concepts and thorough training to provide superior health care service to patients.
Note: These sample objectives are useful for experienced as well as fresh grad and entry level nurses having no prior experience. You may modify these sample objectives if necessary.