Nursing is a very noble profession and a critical one too as far as community service is concerned.
Nurses provide patients with a will to live and home health nurses are even more important as they cater to patients who cannot go to the hospital to be treated.
Home health nurses work in people’s homes where they are required to look after the very sick or the very old.
Since they have a background in medicine, they are expected to provide services akin to medical and personal care. The following is a resume sample for this position which will help you acquire a job in this regard.
Home Health Nurse Resume Example
Barbara Streisand, RN
499 Simpson Avenue ● Juneau, AK 78399 ● (047) 999-9019 ● Email
Home Health Nurse
Dedicated and resourceful nursing professional with 3+ years’ hands-on experience in the home healthcare arena. Excellently conversant with managing both the medical and personal side of looking after patients. Proven record of handling difficult patients with tact and love. Functional knowledge of providing excellent CPR and first aid as and when required.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Physical Assessment||● Dispensing Medications|
|● Vital Signs||● Care Documentation|
|● Blood Glucose||● Dressing / Wound Care|
|● Patient and Family Education||● Oral Suctioning|
Home Health Nurse
We Care, Juneau, AK | Jan 2011 – Present
• Perform initial patient assessment
• Devise and implement care plans based on individual patient assessment and analysis
• Assist patients in grooming, bathing, and general mobility
• Take vitals and administer medication
• Conduct patient assessments periodically
• Write reports and provide emergency services as needed
Family Health Hospital, Juneau, AK | Feb 2010 – Jan 2011
• Provided direct patient care as instructed
• Took and recorded vitals on a periodical basis
• Managed medications
• Handled IVs and IMs
• Observed patients with clinical changes
• Managed reports and provided feedback to the nursing supervisor
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing College of Juneau, Juneau, AK – 2010
Basic Life Support – 2008
Certified Nursing Assistant – 2006
• Excellent knowledge of medical and nursing practices
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong work ethics
• Extremely well organized