The two most common kinds of nurses in the USA and Canada are Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and Registered Nurses (RN). Owing to the fact that the nursing profession is top of the job expansion charts for approximately a decade, there are ample opportunities of growth.
In order to apply for a new graduate nurse job, you will need a well-formatted resume and cover letter. There are a lot of nursing skills you will be required to put in your resume.
Points to Include in a New Graduate Nurse Resume
- Patience and compassion for the patients and families
- Flexibility and tolerance of varied lifestyles
- Knowledge of performing necessary paperwork within required time frame
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to handle difficult situations or emergencies calmly
- Maintaining confidentiality
The following resume for a fresh graduate nurse will help you in building your resume.
See also: New Grad RN Resume
Fresh Graduate Nurse Resume Example
14 Alexander Ave, New Jersey, NJ 25101
Strongly motivated and compassionate new graduate nurse with exceptional academic qualifications. Solid track record of utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Dedicated to providing exceptional patient care, compassion, and professionalism to manage patients’ medical and emotional care.
- Highly skilled in operating and monitoring medical equipment and apparatus
- Working knowledge of assisting physicians’ in surgery and other medical procedures
- Able to manage medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or in keeping with policies and protocols
- Adept at assessing patients to recognize correct nursing interventions
- Competent at monitoring, assessing, addressing document and report symptoms and changes in patients conditions
- Excellent computer and healthcare software skills
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
State University, New Jersey, NJ | 2019
Diploma in Midwifery
NJ Technical College, New Jersey, NJ | 2017
Registered Nurse (RN) – PRC License # 0571023
Midwifery – PRC License # 0141767
State University General Hospital, New Jersey, NJ | 1/2019-8/2019
- Worked into specialty areas such as ICU, ER, OR, maternal/child, cardiac, renal dialysis, home and community care and public health.
- Developed skills in acute medicine/surgery, mental health, long term care.
- Assessed signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition
- Collected, analyzed, and interpreted data from health care members
- Documented nursing diagnoses
- Identified and prioritized actions upon patient care requirements
- Maintained a therapeutic, as well as a secure and comfortable environment
Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) – 2018
Regular I.V. Training Program
Pediatric Assessment IMCI Approach
Arterial Blood Gases Interpretation