Determining just what to write in a performance summary or profile of medical technologist can be challenging. The elements that you choose to place in your summary depend on you.
The point is to make your summary statement speak volumes for you as a candidate while meeting the employer’s specific requirements and addressing his concerns regarding your skills and accomplishments.
Remember not to make your professional summary too long, as you risk the reader losing interest in what you have to say. Keep it between 3 and 5 sentences and make sure that it is relevant to the needs of the prospective employer.
Here are a few examples of professional summaries/profiles for a medical technologist resume:
Medical Technologist Resume Summary / Profile Examples
• Dedicated and resourceful Medical Technologist with over 6 years of experience in performing complex laboratory tests and experiments on specimens, with a special focus on the integrity and accuracy of results. Proven skills in observing specimens for changes or signs indicative of absence or presence of microbes, aimed at ensuring authentic diagnosis.
• Experienced Medical Technologist with a 14-plus-year successful track record of analyzing samples to by using microscopic techniques and equipment. Well-versed in operating and calibrating equipment used in laboratory testing procedures, including spectrophotometers and calorimeters.
• Detail-oriented and organized Medical Technologist with progressively responsible experience in testing body and blood fluids by performing specific functions to determine abnormalities and provide feedback in the form of reports. Exceptionally well-versed in genetics and hematology, with great focus on determining blood diseases such as Thalassemia and Leukemia.
• Self-directed Medical Technologist with strong expertise in monitoring quality control systems and measures while performing laboratory work such as testing blood and fluid samples for possible diseases and conditions.
• Committed Medical Technologist who utilizes exceptional organizational skills to monitor process quality through each stage of specimen analysis. Highly experienced in using laboratory equipment to perform sample analysis and ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment to ensure minimum downtime.
Last updated on