A Medical Assistant is required to perform clerical and medical assisting tasks to run the office efficiently.
Specific responsibilities include answering phones, setting up schedule, filling out cover forms, handling mail, organizing hospital admissions, providing laboratory services, and managing billing and secretarial tasks.
Below is a great cover letter along with a resume sample for medical assistant job. This combination will assist you with building an effective job application set.
Related: Certified Medical Assistant Resume
Medical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
555 Example Street
Vaughan, ON D9V 6V9
January 4, 2017
Ms. Claire Smith
St Louis Community Clinic
333 Ada Boulevard
London, ON 7P2 H7W
Dear Ms. Smith:
I am applying for the position of Medical Assistant, in which my combination of medical assisting associate degree, clerical skills and relevant experience will add value to your facility operations.
Through my diverse hands-on experiences in medical field, I have developed expertise in taking and recording vital signs, keeping care of the treatment rooms, maintaining records of the office and patients, preparing patients for treatment and performing preliminary physical tests. I am known to maintain a secure and organized work environment by establishing and following predefined standards and procedures. In addition, I possess outstanding verbal/written communication and organization skills, aptitude to maintain privacy and have a customer focused approach.
I look forward to meeting with you soon to talk about how my knowledge will helpful for your Clinic. I will be contented to come to your office any weekday morning to meet you. In case of any confirmation about my credentials, you can reach me at (000) 129-9009.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Medical Assistant Resume Sample
555 Example Street ● Vaughan, ON D9V 6V9
(999) 009-9999 ● [Email Address]
Bringing high levels of energy, great attention to detail, and exceptional problem solving skills.
SUMMARY: Patient-focused and compassionate Medical Assistant with more than 9 years’ progressive experience with well-known healthcare settings. Well-versed in providing basic medical support, taking medical histories and performing clerical tasks. Known for providing excellent customer service to visitors, patients and families. Bilingual: English/French.
CORE MEDICAL ASSISTING SKILLS
|✓ Scheduling appointments||✓ Drawing blood||✓ Administering injections|
|✓ Taking vitals||✓ Medical terminology||✓ Communication|
|✓ Exam room preparation||✓ Ordering supplies||✓ Customer service|
Medical Assistant | ABC Hospital, Toronto, ON | 2009 – present
• Take medical histories and record vitals of patients
• Prepare patients for examinations, and assist physicians throughout examinations
• Dispose of used supplies, and sterilize medical instruments
• Instruct patients regarding medications and special diets
• Give details of medical procedures to patients
• Collect and arrange laboratory specimens
• Occasionally carry out basic laboratory tests
Junior Medical Assistant | St. Paul Hospital, Windsor, ON | 2006 – 2009
• Organized examining room instruments and apparatus
• Took electrocardiograms, eliminate sutures, and change dressings of patients
• kept waiting and examining rooms orderly and clean
• Obtained and maintained supplies and equipment
• Prepare and managed medications
• Approved drug refills, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
• Draw blood, prepare patients for x-rays
City College, Windsor, ON – 2005
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Current BLS and CPR
• MS Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook