Mechanics work in many genres depending on the industry and training required. They may be car mechanics, plant mechanics, diesel mechanics and even motor mechanics. While they may be expected to perform different types of work, the essence of their work is the same, and that is to manage the repair and maintenance of the machinery that they are working for.
This is a highly skilled job which requires an individual to be extremely well versed in his job. Since this job requires technical expertise, mechanics are trained in their jobs and this training is usually done on the job. People applying for this position will need to ensure that their better skills are depicted in their resume especially where the resume objective statement is concerned. Let us look at a few samples of objective statements for this position.
Sample Objectives for Mechanic Resume
• Seeking an Auto Mechanic position with the WW Autos where I may be able to apply my ability to identify, diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems for a range of vehicles
• Looking for a Plant Mechanic position with the Core Mechs utilizing knowledge of preventive maintenance to supply the company with smooth manufacturing plants
• To work as a Diesel Mechanic at the Auto Cats. Bringing excellence in managing diesel engines in terms of maintenance and repair using industry standard tools
• Desire an Auto Mechanic position, making the most of perfection in handling all types of engines by performing mechanical and preventive maintenance work
• To work as a Car Mechanic for Catmobiles using expertise in managing mechanical malfunctions on different makes and models of cars