A Massage Therapist provides specialized massage and body treatments to clients.
S/he must possess a comprehensive knowledge of several massage modalities with a strong understanding of body treatments.
Besides job-specific skills, a massage therapist has to possess superb communication skills and needs to be intelligent enough to learn new products and service knowledge.
A good resume is a requirement to apply for this job.
The following sample will assist you with this critical task.
Related: Cover Letter for Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist Resume Sample (With Objective)
55 6th Avenue, Dallas, TX 54178
Competent and friendly Massage Therapist enthusiastic about getting a position with Allina Health System utilizing knowledge of comprehensive massage therapy techniques.
• 8+ years’ hands-on experience as a massage therapist
• Texas State Massage Therapy License
• Demonstrated ability to develop professional relationships with customers and associates
• In-depth knowledge of advanced massage therapy techniques
• Familiar with Swedish, Thai and Deep Tissue Massage, Stone Therapy and Reflexology
• High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
• Setting goals, tracking progress and striving for continuous development
• Working individually and in a team environment
• Handling and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment
Life Time Fitness – Dallas, TX | 2012 – Present
• Provide body care and massage services to clients using various techniques such as deep tissue massage.
• Administer body treatments for guests in keeping with treatment outline.
• Greet guests warmly with a genuine smile.
• Assess and accommodate guest requirements and inquire regarding their physical health.
• Up-sell spa products to guests.
Massage Envy – Houston, TX | 2009 – 2012
• Greeted customers and offered a thorough discussion of individual needs.
• Provided specialized massage services, for example, deep tissue, Swedish, hot stone, sports, and pre-natal.
• Maintained a soft flow of services for clients booked with several technicians.
• Offered extra services such as foot soaks and refreshments.
• Suggested spa and massage products to clients.
• Achieved service and product sales goals.
• Developed long-term relationships with clients by contacting them later to follow up on services.
60 hours of Massage Therapy Education and Training
ABC Massage Therapy School, Dallas, TX – 2008
High School Diploma
City School, Dallas, TX – 2005