In your Licensed Practical Nurse resume, highlight your medical expertise, accomplishments and professional experiences.
It is essential to mention only the most relevant skills in your resume which are directly associated with the needs of the prospective employer.
A compelling resume along with an LPN Cover Letter will assist you to secure an interview successfully.
The following LPN Resume Template will guide you how to build your resume.
See also: The Best Resume for LPN
LPN Resume Template
SARA CHRIS – LPN
|262 Maple Street|
Houston, TX 65432
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Strongly motivated LPN with 12+ years of extensive experience in hospital and acute care settings. Strong clinical skills combine with dedication and compassion to provide exceptional patient care. Able to perform EKG’s, phlebotomy, immunizations, height, weight, and temperature. State of Texas License to practice as LPN.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Physical assessments||• Taking medical histories|
|• Clinical testing||• Illness/injuries evaluation|
|• Treatment administration||• Care documentation|
|• Medication dispensing||• Patient and family education|
|• Wound Care||• Dressings|
St Peter’s Hospital – Houston, TX | May 2008 – Present
Licensed Practical Nurse
• Assist physicians and registered nurses to carry out tests and procedures.
• Measure patients’ vital signs; height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
• Give injections and enemas, manage catheters and dress wounds.
• Document food and fluid intake and output.
• Oversee the activities of nursing assistants and aides.
• Clean and sanitize medical equipment.
XYZ Clinic – Houston, TX | July 2006 – May 2008
• Helped residents with dressing and special hygiene.
• Educated patients regarding good health habits.
• Monitored patients and report reactions to drug or treatments.
• Fed patients who call for assistance eating.
• Gathered samples for testing.
• Taught family how to take care of the patient.
• Completed insurance forms, pre-authorizations, and appointments.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Houston College of Nursing, Houston, TX – 2005
BS in Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse Certification – 2006
BLS, First Aid, and CPR
Member of Houston Society of Licensed Practical Nurses
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work efficiently in stressful situations
Last updated on