How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for a Licensed Practical Nurse Position?
- Address your cover letter to the medical administrator or hiring manager by name. If you do not know the name of the hiring manager, you may call the healthcare organization to ask for the information regarding the hiring manager.
- Research the prospective employer in order to find precisely what they are seeking.
- Relate your nursing background to the needs of the employer, as given in an LPN job description.
- Focus on what you can perform in the future using your experiences and skills.
- The LPN Cover letter should be a neat and error-free document.
Here are 2 best cover letter samples for LPN Resume. Feel free to modify it as per job requirements and your skills.
Licensed Practical Nurse Cover Letter Sample 1
Anna Smith, LPN
65 Ocean Street
Rockledge, FL 52147
anna.lpn @ email . com
September 7, 2020
Ms. Sara Doe
Greystone Healthcare Management
215 Some South Street
Rockledge, FL 63325
Re: Licensed Practical Nurse (Job # 6455)
Dear Ms. Doe:
I am pleased to send my application for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse at Greystone Healthcare Management. Owing to my Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, and one year of nursing experience, I am certain in my ability to become a key member of your team.
Based on my understanding of your LPN position and your mission, here are the aspects of my nursing background that seem most relevant to meet your requirements:
- Preparing patients for exams
- Obtaining vital signs and documenting/updating relevant health information.
- Preparing examination rooms, labs, and work areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment
- Ordering supplies and maintaining clinical equipment.
- Assisting physicians and RNs in medical procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, EMG, allergies testing, cautery, and colposcopy.
- Performing laboratory procedures such as wound culture and specimen collection following standard precautions and infection control guidelines.
Besides nursing talents, I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. I am known as a reliable, honest, and well-organized individual who can efficiently work with all age groups.
As a passionate Licensed Practical Nurse, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you intending to discuss my education, nursing experience, and compassionate care skills. To follow-up, and hopefully, to set up an interview date, I’ll contact you by phone next week. If you need any additional information regarding my credentials, please feel free to call me.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Enc. Resume and Recommendation Letter
Licensed Practical Nurse Cover Letter Sample 2
I am responding to your advertisement for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse at the St. Peter Public Hospital, as placed in the Austin Times classified section. With my extensive nursing experience and good work ethics, I feel confident that I can make a significant contribution to your nursing team.
As my enclosed resume demonstrates, I am fully capable of this challenging position. My qualifications include:
- Three years of hands-on experience as an LPN at the intensive care unit of AAA Clinic.
- 2-years’ Practical Nursing program at North Texas Community College.
- Licensed by the State Board of Practical Nursing – 2014
In addition, I am a very energetic individual who can learn new nursing skills quickly and make the right judgment. Additionally, I have extensive knowledge of medical terminology and can present the information correctly.
Handling high-pressure situations and coping with everyday emergencies are my specialties. Besides my patient care expertise, I am also competent in assisting with the planning of patient care programs.
With these capabilities, I am delighted to pursue my career with St. Peter Public Hospital and would welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss my qualifications in detail. I will email you the week of April 20 to see if a mutually convenient interview time can be arranged. If you need any additional information regarding my credentials, you can reach me at (000) 214-6521.
Thank you very much for your consideration. I am grateful for the time you have taken to evaluate my candidacy.
Related: LPN Cover Letter No Experience