The expression starts on the right foot was not coined without reason. When you begin something correctly, you automatically end up right as well.
That is especially true of resumes, where the need to begin appropriately is quite apparent.
A summary or a profile statement will help you do this. When you begin writing a resume, make sure that it opens with a summary, which outlines your reason for applying for the job, and how you qualify for it.
Writing a profile or a summary of a resume may come across as tough.
However, it is imperative that you make an effort to write one which is exactly what the hiring manager wants to read. If you can do this successfully, you have already made your way to the interview stage.
What exactly is it that one puts in a resume summary or profile?
It is highly essential that you are not vague in what you write here. Make sure that your summary edicts information of your successes and skills, as they relate to the job for which you are applying. If you are skilled in a particular area, write it in not too much detail, but enough to pique the hiring manager’s interest.
Some summaries/profiles that are particular to the position of a logistics coordinator are provided here as examples:
Sample Summary/Profile for Logistics Coordinator Resume
• Highly organized and determined individual, with over seven years of experience of working as a logistics coordinator. Exceptionally talented in facilitating the shipping of products between destinations, and handling quality control issues.
• Uniquely qualified Logistics Coordinator with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in coordinating and monitoring supply chain operations. Demonstrated expertise in utilizing logistics IT to optimize procedures, and proactively supervise orders.
• Top-performing Logistics Coordinator with extensive exposure to coordinating freight shipments, preparing new and ad hoc reports, fielding incoming calls and emails and handling shipping logistics, proactively and appropriately.
• Exceptionally talented Logistics Coordinator boasting of 10 years of experience in the logistics arena. Documented success in supporting the delivery of outbound and inbound products and shipments, and overseeing logistics in a hands-on fashion.
• Experienced logistics coordinator with over eight years of exposure to interacting closely with different departments to accurately schedule and ship outbound orders, based on customer route guide requirements. Proficient in compiling all necessary shipping documents, including manifests, packing lists, and bills of lading.