Legal assistant resume objectives are mere sentence fragments that outline the jobseeker’s idealization of an available position. However, these short snippets hold a lot of importance on how the jobseeker is considered for the position – if considered at all. Hiring managers depend highly on what we have to say as candidates – if we provide a short yet powerful objective that tells them that we are IT for the available job, we can guarantee ourselves a job!
While an objective statements is not a required component of a resume, it is a good idea to include one, as it opens the resume in an introductory manner. As the first introduction to you as a candidate, the resume objective plays an important role in a resume. Most employers will not consider a resume complete if it does not have an objective.
Technically, the resume objective needs to outline an individual’s ability to handle the job – in 3 sentences or less. If written in a profound manner, a resume objective forces the reader to stop reading, giving you a chance to be deemed “perfect at first look”. On the other hand, a resume objective may force the reader to stop reading and dump your resume. The latter situation is no good. You have to create your resume objective in a way that it brings results instantly.
Take ideas from the following samples:
For Experienced Candidates
• Desire a position as a Legal Assistant at Cognosante. Offers 4+ years’ verifiable track record of managing, preparing and organizing documents, agreements and corporate licenses, along with performing detailed legal research.
• To obtain a Legal Assistant position at Whalen Bryan Inc utilizing hands-on experience in conducting legal research, developing precedents and formatting briefs, pleadings and other legal documents.
• Seeking a Legal Assistant position at Rogers Townsend LLP. Highly experienced in conducting investigations, preparing case briefs and summarizing dispositions, along with exceptional insight into locating and developing case-relevant information and juggling attorney calendars
For Entry Level / Career Changers
• Seeking a position as a Legal Assistant at Attorneys at Hand making the most of expertise in developing cases by maintaining effective contact with people, scheduling dispositions and preparing and forwarding summonses.
• Looking for a Legal Assistant position at Snell and Wilmer using exceptional comprehension of enhancing trial proceedings by organizing evidence, preparing exhibits and scheduling witnesses.
• To work as a Legal Assistant for Akerman LLP by employing demonstrated expertise in composing various legal documentation, handling calendaring and scheduling duties and conducting preliminary research work.