A landscaper is hired in both an individual capacity, and through a facility that offers these services. Working as a landscaping and lawn care worker requires you to be knowledgeable about the work, and the several ways in which you can perform it, keeping aesthetics in mind.
In this role, you will be expected to perform many lawncare and grounds-keeping activities, ensuring that clients’ specific requirements are kept in mind.
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a landscaping worker. Some previous experience in this regard will go a long way in preparing you for the job, even if you have held an apprentice position in the past.
As a landscaping and lawn care worker, you will be expected to perform a lot of physically challenging work, which is why it is important that you are dexterous and agile. Knowledge of different types of trees and shrubs will go a long way in helping you plan assigned lawns, and you will be considered a great hire if you have some aesthetically pleasing projects to your name.
Working as a landscaping and law care worker is not as easy as it seems. There is a lot of physical labor involved, and one has to possess the ability to handle many lawn care tasks simultaneously, which means that you have to be great at multitasking. Here are some duties that you will be performing in this role:
Landscaping and Lawn Care Duties & Responsibilities
• Confer with clients to determine their specific lawn care and landscaping requirements.
• Provide suggestions about the different possible ways in which assigned grounds or lawns can be created in an aesthetic manner.
• Perform lawn inspections to determine landscaping possibilities and care requirements.
• Create estimates for outlines lawn care projects, and present them to clients to obtain approvals.
• Post-approval, arrange for materials, supplies, and equipment to be made available to start the project.
• Mow lawns using hand mowers and electric ones, and cut greens by using both hand and power tools.
• Plant flowers, grass, and shrubs as part of the landscaping project, ensuring that they are aesthetically placed.
• Apply fertilizer to the ground to ensure that plants and trees grow in a proper manner.
• Trim trees, shrubs, and bushes to give them an aesthetically pleasing look, in accordance with the specified landscaping plan.
• Install lawn furniture, rock, cement, and lights, and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of all of them.