Instacart was founded in 2012 and has since then hired many full-service shoppers to help their customers shop and deliver groceries and other items to their doorsteps.
As an Instacart full-service shopper, your main work will be to take information off an application regarding customers’ orders, and then ensure that they are delivered to them on time.
Instacart Full-Service Shopper Job Description and Duties
- Start the instacart shopper app on android or iPhone
- Accept a suitable batch.
- Drive safely to the relevant store.
- Handpick items on customers’ lists, in the right order.
- Look through order details to determine the location and aisles.
- Ensure that items of each order are separately placed into carts.
- Check items at the end to ensure that no item has been missed.
- Recommend additional merchandise to customers in order to upsell.
- Provide clients with information and help on certain products.
- Check live chat and other avenues to keep in touch with customers.
- Respond to questions regarding items, such as fashion products.
- Confirm customers’ orders and inquire into additional requirements.
- Run items through the checkout counter and pay for them through instacart credit card or your own debit/credit card.
- Pack customers’ items and place them in vehicles.
- Drive vehicles safely to customers’ homes and offices following the map.
- Hand over ordered items and associated bills to customers or place items on their door if requested by the customer.
- Thank customers for their time and for using the Instacart service.
- Take and respond to calls regarding problems such as incorrect deliveries.
- Handle exchanges and returns through the application, and by following set protocols and regulations.
- Ensure that any negative feedback is taken into account and handled according to company policy.
- Use feedback to improve customer service.
- Create and maintain logs of customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Take and follow educational sessions provided in the intacart app.
Skills and Abilities
The ability to use technology to take and process orders is an absolute must. Specifically, you should be able to operate a smartphone – both iOS and Android are eligible for Instacart applications.
In addition to the ability to work with technology, you must possess a working vehicle, with insurance coverage in accordance with local laws.
Also, you must be physically dexterous so that you can lift and transport 30+ pounds of groceries and other items.
The only major requirement of instacart is a clear criminal record. For that reason, instacart will perform background checks through a third-party check.
Working as an Instacart full-service shopper does not require any specific education.
You may need to possess a driver’s license with a vehicle with insurance. A good driving record is also necessary.
Although the salary information is kept confidential by the company. But through forums and online discussions, I found that instacart shoppers make around 10-30 USD per hour before expenses such as gas and car maintenance. You may even make 50+ dollars per hour sometimes if you are lucky enough to get a big batch.
Instacart shopper is the best job for you if you need to remain active. It is also a good gig economy job to earn some extra cash.