Instacart was founded in 2012 and has since then hired many full-service shoppers to help their customers shop and deliver groceries and other items to their doorsteps.
As an Instacart full-service shopper, your main work will be to take information off an application regarding customers’ orders, and then ensure that they are delivered to them on time.
Instacart Full-Service Shopper Job Description and Duties
• Start the instacart shopper app in android or iPhone and accept the batch
• Check live chat and other avenues to determine customers’ orders
• Look through order details to determine what may or may not be available
• Recommend added merchandize to customers in order to upsell
• Provide clients with information and help on certain products
• Respond to questions regarding items, such as fashion products
• Confirm customers’ orders, and inquire into additional requirements
• Lock customers’ orders, and provide them with delivery timelines
• Handpick items on customers’ lists, in the right order
• Ensure that they are properly placed into carts
• Check items at the end of the picking spree to ensure that no item has been missed
• Run items through the checkout counter and pay for them through cash or credit/debit cards
• Pack customers’ items and place them in vehicles
• Drive vehicles safely to customers’ homes and offices
• Provide customers with ordered items, and associated bills
• Collect cash and tender change and receipts
• Thank customers for their time and using the Instacart service
• Take and respond to calls regarding problems such as incorrect deliveries
• Handle exchanges and returns through the application, and by following set protocols and regulations
• Ensure that any negative feedback is taken into account and handled according to company policy
• Use feedback to improve customer services
• Create and maintain logs of customer interactions on a daily basis
Skills and Abilities
The ability to use technology to take and process orders is an absolute must. Specifically, you should be able to operate a smartphone – both iOS and Android are eligible for Instacart applications.
In addition to the ability to work with technology, you must possess a working vehicle, with insurance coverage in accordance with local laws.
Also, you must be physically dexterous so that you can lift and transport 30+ pounds of groceries and other items.
The only major requirement of instacart is a clear criminal record. For that reason, instacart will perform background checks through a third party checkr.
Working as an Instacart full-service shopper does not require any specific education.
You may need to possess a driver’s license with a vehicle with insurance. A good driving record is also necessary.
Although the salary information is kept confidential by the company. But through forums and online discussions, I found that instacart shoppers make around 20-30 USD per hour. You may even make 50+ dollars per hour sometimes if you are lucky enough to get a big batch.
Instacart shopper is the best job for you if you need to remain active. It is also a good gig economy job to earn some extra cash.