Janitors work under the supervision of Lead Janitor. They are responsible for performing janitorial and housekeeping duties for office premises and related areas. Additionally, they are also responsible for providing excellent service to clients at all times.
Knowledge and enthusiasm to learn a number of cleaning techniques are necessary for this position. The following are some sample qualifications statements to add in a janitor resume. Feel free to use 5 to 6 from these statements in your janitor resume that closely relate to the employer’s requirements.
Sample Summary of Qualifications for Janitor Resume
- Highly skilled in vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and applying finishes on different flooring materials and stairs.
- Proven record of cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, showers, and locker rooms.
- Able to clean all fixtures and furniture safely.
- Profound skills in maintaining janitorial closets in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Demonstrated ability to keep janitorial equipment in a clean, safe, and operable condition.
- In-depth knowledge of modern cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Adept at using chemicals in a safe manner.
- Able to operate janitorial equipment correctly and safely.
- Comprehensive understanding of restocking supplies in bathrooms, break rooms, and common areas.
- Substantial knowledge of dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Well versed in inspecting premises and building.
- Track record of finishing assigned tasks effectively within a limited time.
- Able to operate a two-way radio
Janitor Soft Skills to Add in a Resume
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proven ability to work effectively individually and with a team
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Weight Handling Up to 40 kg
- Security and Safety
- Current driver’s license
Janitors are usually required to use the following equipment. You may mention some of these in your resume or cover letter to maximize its impact.
- Industrial vacuum cleaners
- Power sweepers
- Small tractors
- Carpet cleaning machines