The skills and qualifications section of a housekeeping resume enables you to state your specialized experience and education or outline personality traits that would be beneficial for the prospective employer.
This section on Housekeeping Resume can also be called as Profile, Strengths, Qualifications, or Capabilities.
Housekeeping skills are job-related skills that you will need to do the housekeeping job. Usually, you can find key skills in housekeeping job descriptions.
Where do you put skills on a Housekeeping resume?
You do need professional skills or qualifications section, and it should be written right after your objective or summary statement. You can also try putting your housekeeping skills in a side column.
Below are some sample bullet statements which can be utilized to build this section.
Skills and Qualifications for Housekeeping Resume
• Highly skilled in cleaning rooms, lobbies, and other interior and outside areas.
• Documented success in maintaining guest rooms and common areas.
• Competent at replenishing supplies and paper products in restrooms.
• Knowledge of different cleaning chemicals as well as their proper use.
• Track record of maintaining rooms in a clean and presentable fashion.
• Proven record of dusting, vacuuming and picking up garbage.
• Able to give accurate and timely room service to guests.
• Ability to maintain the inventory of cleaning supplies.
• Adept at of operating modern cleaning equipment.
• Team player; strong ability to motivate others and resolve conflicts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Professional appearance and extremely friendly approach.
• Ability to communicate well with managers, guests, and coworkers.
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Able to maintain a neat, clean and safe work area.
• Excellent customer service acumen.
• Always willing to assist others.
• Friendly attitude towards all stakeholders.
• Flexible schedule
• Familiar with computers and MS Office Applications.
• Known to work flawlessly in fast-paced and busy environments.