Housekeeping managers work in hospitals and hotels where they are expected to oversee the cleanliness, maintenance and housekeeping activities of the establishment.
They supervise the activities of the housekeeping staff to ensure that all work is being done in accordance with the rules and protocols of cleaning and that no visitor or customer is unhappy due to lack of cleanliness.
Let us look at the following resume sample especially written for the position of a housekeeping manager.
It may help you to write or update your resume for this position.
2618 Doxsey Place, Lynbrook, NY 63819
Cell: (000) 852-5298 Email: joseph @ email . com
Leadership / Motivation / Empowerment
Highly energetic and motivated housekeeping professional with 11 years’ extensive housekeeping experience including 4 years in housekeeping management. A proven leader who consistently exceeds cleanliness and organization goals.
Positive approach, able to go above and beyond for cleanliness and organization of premises. Expert in provision of housekeeping services in accordance with the procedures and protocols of the establishment. Functional knowledge of chemical and cleaning supplies as used in a safe environment. Conversant with preparing schedules for housekeeping staff and overseeing their activities
• Excellent guest relations acumen
• Exceptional communication skills
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to set a positive example for staff
• Strong knowledge of improving service performance
Housekeeping Manager – Hyatt, Lynbrook, NY | Mar 2013 – Present
• Establish cleaning work routines for the staff
• Oversee cleaning and maintenance activities
• Conduct inspections on a pre-event basis to ensure proper cleanliness
• Maintain budgets for housekeeping activities
• Brief housekeeping staff on a daily basis
• Resolve conflicts and guests’ problems
• Train new hires in housekeeping procedures
Housekeeping Assistant – ABC Company, Lynbrook, NY | Feb 2006 – Mar 2013
• Assisted in scheduling staff for housekeeping duties
• Managed general cleanliness of the assigned area as directed
• Tutored staff on the safe mixing and use of cleaning chemical
• Assisted in training new hires
• Assisted in investigating and resolving complaints
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
New York State University, New York, NY – 2013