Your resume for security guard position needs to be really special if you expect it to grab the hiring manager’s eye.
Make it so by basing it on the following sample:
Security Guard Resume Sample
233 Cobo Avenue | Las Vegas, NV 34743 | (000) 874-2015 | hanjac @ email . com
Successful track record of maintaining a high level performance and professionalism.
Physically strong and vigilant Security Guard with 14 years of extensive experience in monitoring, screening, and controlling access to assigned facilities, and maintaining required logs. Special talent for using a high level of communication skills to defuse aggressive and threatful situations. Organized with the talent to maintain a courteous and polite attitude towards residents. Performs multiple tasks simultaneously in stressful environments.
Building and Individual Security Access Control Emergency Response
Log Maintenance Screening Record Keeping
Disorder Handling Vandalism Minimization Patrolling
Alarm Systems Monitoring Criminal Activity Deterrence Investigation
• Singlehandedly apprehended a group of vandals, who had been damaging the property elusively for 3 months.
• Simultaneously managed security for 2 buildings without a single untoward incident transpiring.
• Devised a foolproof patrolling system which covered all aspects of the building from the inside, and the outside.
• Decreased acts of vandalism by 55% through effective handling of the egress and entrance of the premises.
Castle Group, Las Vegas, NV | 6/2010 – Present
• Efficiently maintain access control and confirm identification of guests, visitors, employees and residents.
• Create and maintain records of entry in a predefined manner, ensuring that they are updated by the hour.
• Monitor alarm systems and security cameras to ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the facility.
• Patrol assigned facilities from the inside and the outside to ensure that vandalism and theft are kept at bay.
• Investigate disturbances, and monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees.
• Contact police or fire departments in cases of emergencies, and assist them in handling difficult situations.
• Circulate among visitors to preserve order and to protect assigned property and people.
• Warn individuals of rule infractions and violations, and apprehend violators.
Urban Pathways, Las Vegas, NV | 2/2003 – 6/2010
• Assisted security personnel in monitoring building access and egress of the assigned property.
• Provided support in investigated acts of crime and vandalism within the assigned premises.
• Apprehended individuals involved in nefarious activities, and kept them restrained until the arrival of the authorities.
• Circulated amongst employees and visitors to ensure that no untoward incidents transpire.
• Assisted in the maintenance and resetting of security alarms, equipment and machinery.
St. John’s High School, Las Vegas, NV – 2002
High School Diploma
Current CPR and First Aid