It is the basic need of every company to coordinate efforts at every level and in every department. Coordinators are hired for the sole purpose of managing a company’s work between departments and with external agencies. There might be different positions of coordinator within a company, of which, the front desk coordinator is probably the most important.
Front desk coordinators are the front-line people to whom visitors and customers meet when they enter into an establishment. They represent the company and are responsible for that very clichéd “first impression”. Front desk coordinators work in a variety of industries; wherever there is a reception, there will be a front desk coordinator!
Responsibilities of a Front Desk Coordinator
The major responsibilities of a front desk coordinator include; taking telephone calls, responding to inquiries, preparing information to be disseminated, managing incoming mail and scheduling appointments. Essentially, front desk coordinators perform many duties which are similar to a receptionist and are required to possess information of how a receptionist works. Additionally, they may be expected to manage cash transactions (a spa for instance may use a front desk coordinator as a cashier as well) and scheduling of staff as directed by a supervisor. On a typical work day, a front desk coordinator will screen inquiries, take and deliver messages, resolve customers’ issues and managing appointments for customers.
The everyday tasks of a front desk coordinator are far from easy; there is just so much to do! However, many people enjoy this work as it provides them with a chance to meet new people!
Significance of an Objective for a Front Desk Coordinator
People applying for a Front Desk Coordinator position need to pay special attention to their resume objectives as the first line of a resume. This statement can force a prospective employer to make critical hiring decisions. Let us provide you with some examples of a resume objective for this position.
Sample Objectives for a Front Desk Coordinator Resume
● Looking for a position as a Front Desk Coordinator at Tamaha Inc. where extensive knowledge of coordinating front desk duties can be used to ensure smooth working of office
● Seeking a Front Desk Coordinator position with Cameron Co. using expertise in providing tier one support and excellence in providing outstanding customer services to maximize the clients’ base
● Desire a Front Desk Coordinator position with ETS. Offering professional outlook, customer service orientation, stress tolerance and the ability to coordinate the efforts of the front desk with the staff
● To obtain a position as a Front Desk Coordinator at Wellbeing Spa where scheduling skills, organizational and planning insight and great attention to detail would be used to improve the office’s work processes
● To acquire a Front Desk Coordinator position at Wallace International employing knowledge of providing first contact services and ability to keep customer orientation as a basis of each activity