Executive Assistants hold a very important role within an organization. These professionals usually support senior executives – usually the CEO or CFO of a company.
Typical responsibilities involve calendar keeping, writing memos, issuing periodic reports, and general office support tasks.
An executive assistant skill summary may serve many purposes.
It may be used by employers to advertise a job and it may also be used by candidates to get a better idea to present their skills in the resume.
The skills section plays a significant role in the formation of an executive assistant resume because this job is based on the skills of an individual.
Therefore, skillset plays a significant role in hiring decisions.
Below is a detailed skill summary for the position of executive assistant.
Executive Assistant Skill Summary
- Using facsimile machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- Finance software including SAGE Peachtree and Intuit Quick Books
- Word processing software: MS Office suite and quick press
- Office organization, record keeping, and bookkeeping
- Digital cataloging
- Storing data electronically, and arranging it effectively so as to retrieve it instantly when required
- Making travel and hotel arrangements for clients
- Shift appointments when needed and timely informing the respective parties regarding the change
- Filling out forms and helping clients with the same
- Office inventory keeping and management
- Flawless typing with minimum errors
- Writing correspondence including business letters as per instruction
- Handling daily correspondence via email and manual post
- Clear communication
- PR etiquette
- Customer Service
- Public dealing
- Liaising between executives and employees
- Coordinating with all concerned parties and arranging conferences
- Organizing joint ventures that require extensive preliminary sharing of ideas among both parties
- Prioritizing tasks and managing them in an orderly manner
- Assigning time frames to pending tasks and following-up the time targets successfully
- Pre-planning of events and precautionary event management
- Maintaining the executive’s calendar and issuing appointments as per availability and instructions
- Information ordering
- Conducting sequential tasks successfully
- Researching on a topic and produce relevant reports for review of the executive