An entry level resume for a firefighter position must be handled with a lot of care.
Since firefighting is a difficult job, which involves a lot of responsibility, your resume should be in sync with it.
Well, all that you have learned during your training must be put into it.
Not only should you include information about your training, but also expertise in other areas such as certifications, and extracurricular activities.
After all, you have to convince the hiring manager that you are the right person to hire, by showing your personality.
To see how you can write an entry-level firefighter resume, have a look at the following sample:
Entry Level Firefighter Resume Sample
123 Springy Lane, Duluth, MN33021
An enthusiastic, resourceful, and diligent individual with an inherent interest in firefighting. Trained in responding to fire alarms quickly. Highly skilled in performing salvage operations, such as debris removal and water sweeping.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Emergency Response||Fire Control||Public Education|
|Equipment Use||Fire Damage Reduction||Salvaging|
|Records Updating||Safety Policies||Equipment Maintenance|
Broward Fire Academy, Duluth, MN – 2018
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Received the Firefighter Trainee of the Month award 3 times in 1 year.
• Placed at the top of the list of graduates, owing to exceptional learning acumen.
High School Diploma
Duluth High School, Duluth, MN- 2018
• Maintained position at the top of the class for 3 years, owing to exceptional academic excellence.
• Represented the school in 4 international science fairs, two of which were won by the school.
• Chosen as the only student to represent the school in the World Academics Day celebrations held in Beijing, China.
City of Duluth, Duluth, MN | 1/2018 – 5/2018
• Cleaned and maintained firefighting equipment.
• Assisted firefighters in getting suited up for firefighting incidents.
• Responded to emergency calls.
• Created and maintained liaison between dispatchers and firefighters.
• Assisted in inspecting scenes of fire.
• Wrote reports of incidents after fire control services had been provided.
• Put out fires using equipment such as water hoses and fire extinguishers.
• Treated injured individuals by administering CPR and First Aid.
• Played football and baseball as part of the school club, and for independent clubs.
• Headed the school volunteer club, which provided many volunteer services for local old people’s homes, and hospices.
• Fluent in 5 languages; English, Mandarin, French, Spanish, and German