A good cover letter for truck driver position is based on only two things:
1. What I (candidate) know about the prospective company
2. And what you (company/employer) will like about me
These two points are what you have to put into every sentence that you write in a cover letter for truck driver resume.
Here are a few tips that might help you in your cover letter writing endeavors:
Do not Regurgitate Your Resume
The aim of a truck driver cover letter is to complement a resume and not reiterate the information in it. If you have written something in your resume, stop thinking about it when you begin writing your cover letter. Instead, concentrate on how to focus the reader’s attention on the accompanying resume.
Showcase Your Skills
A cover letter is all about skills. Focus on what your past experiences have polished you for. Show off a little about what you can do.
Don’t Apologize for Skills that You Don’t Have
Really? This needs to be told? Well, if it does, then let us tell you – if you don’t have a particular skill, why mention it at all?
Cut the Formality
Being too formal makes candidates seem robotic and insincere. Put some spunk in your cover letter. You want to come across as friendly and approachable, not uptight and boring!
633 Maple Street
Deatsville, AL 30211
jordon @ email . com
November 27, 2015
Mr. Timothy Dalton
84 Lumber Company
526 Summerfield Road
Deatsville, AL 36719
Dear Mr. Dalton:
In reviewing my resume, you will find that I possess all the attributes of a perfect match for your requirements for a truck driver position at 84 Lumber Company. Here is why I think so:
• Class A CDL with a 12+ years’ safe driving record
• Proficient in planning routes with one key factor in mind i.e. timely deliveries
• Competent at loading/unloading merchandise and safely transporting them to destinations
• Qualified to drive large trucks and pick up vans
• Special talent for performing preventative and regular maintenance on vehicle
• Well-versed with popular electronic equipment and software used in the trucking including GPS, AVL units and CB
I am excited about the prospect of working with your company and eager to discuss my past contributions. I will email you next week to see when your calendar is open for an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at (000) 121-4587.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on