The purpose of a delivery driver resume is to grab the prospective employer’s attention. Gone are the days when resumes contained the whole professional life of the candidate. Tailored and succinct resumes are need of the hour.
• Start your resume with a customized performance summary or a strong objective statement. Inculcate powerful adjectives and industry specific keywords in it.
• Make sure you include a separate achievements section showcasing your specific success in the driving field.
• Only highlight relevant experiences.
See also: Delivery Driver Cover Letter
Delivery Driver Resume Sample 1
566 Heavenly Ave • Sterling Height, MI 67442 • (009) 324-4534 • sean @ email . com
Alert and customer-focused Delivery Driver with Class C CDL and 7+ years’ successful track record of driving a variety of heavy vehicles. Exemplary team work spirit with profound ability to coordinate routes and delivery details flawlessly. Well versed with GPS system, highway traffic laws and OSHA safety driving protocols. Clean driving record. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
CORE DRIVING COMPETENCIES
|• Route Scheduling||• Log Keeping||• Loading/Unloading|
|• Long Distance Driving||• Map Reading||• Auto/Manual Transmission|
|• Order Tracking||• GPS Navigation||• Pressure Brakes|
|• Material Packing||• Road Safety||• Vehicle Maintenance|
• Enhanced customer satisfaction level 50% through adherence of excellent customer service protocols and quick complaint follow up.
• Reduced vehicle maintenance costs $15000 annually by providing timely preventive maintenance service.
• Fixed a combustion mixture issue in the vehicle enhancing engine efficiency and cost effectiveness by 40%.
RED FOX COURIER SERVICE, Sterling Heights, MI | April 2013 – Present
• Coordinate with the company about delivery order details.
• Determine shortest routes through GPS navigation and delivery list.
• Check the weather conditions before beginning of journey.
• Ensure loading and unloading of material in a safe manner.
• Pick material from company office and deliver it to recipients, keeping signed record of each delivery.
• Conduct pre and post journey vehicle inspections and general preventive maintenance of the vehicle.
LOGISTICS, Sterling Heights, MI | June 2011 – March 2013
• Assisted the driver in locating addresses and determining best routes.
• Obtained road clearance from highway authorities before long routes.
• Maintained the assigned vehicle in neat, clean and functional condition.
• Loaded and unloaded the truck with goods.
• Maintained record of all journeys made along with record of fuel fillings.
• Collected check and cash payments upon delivery when required.
ST. JOHN’S SCHOOL, Sterling Heights, MI | 2011
High School Diploma
“I bring good physical stamina, excellent eye hand coordination, and ability to lift 40 lbs.”
Delivery Driver Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
48 Example Street, Memphis, TN 65987
(090) 000-9654, davis @ email . com
Bringing professional driving experience, vehicle maintenance expertise and strong familiarity of local routes to make an immediate contribution to the company.
• Over 4 years’ experience as a delivery driver
• Highly skilled in operating and driving automobiles, vans and light trucks
• Able to pick up and deliver various products on-time
• In-depth knowledge of vehicle’s electric systems
• Current Class B CDL
• Proven record of selling products over established routes
• Demonstrated ability to operate the vehicle following safety guidelines
• Good verbal communications skills
• Excellent customer service and salesmanship abilities
• Initiated new routes that reduced delivery time by 50%.
• Promoted to senior position with extra responsibilities and a 50% increase in salary.
• Maintained of delivery vehicles periodically which reduced operating costs by 30%.
Airgas Inc. – Memphis, TN
Delivery Driver | May 2015 – Present
• Drive light truck to deliver products to customers.
• Safely and quickly load and unload items.
• Perform vehicle safety checks before departure.
• Report any safety concerns immediately to supervisor.
ABC Transportation – Memphis, TN
Delivery Driver | Jan 2013 – May 2015
• Assisted customers in a professional, polite, and prompt manner.
• Recommended new products to customers that meets their needs.
• Determined customer buying behavior and competitive edge.
• Maintained and cleaned delivery vehicles.
High School Diploma | Memphis Community School, Memphis, TN– 2008
[Give 2 references here]