No skills as a graphic designer might result in no jobs. In the good news department, this is not possible. If you have trained as a graphic designer, you will have many skills to show off.
The problem is putting all your graphic designing skills in a resume. Impacting the hiring authority with this information is most important.
As a graphic designer, your skills may include the ability to determine clients’ requirements, and create correlating design elements.
Also, knowledge of developing concepts, graphics, and layouts is imperative if you want to work as a graphic designer.
Placing your skills and abilities on a resume is a different matter altogether. Why?
Because you cannot write skills statements in just any way.
You have to make a conscious effort to sell yourself as a possible candidate for the job.
A skills statements for a graphic designer position must be straightforward, informative, and concise.
Here are some skills statements for a graphic designer resume:
Graphic Designer Skills for Resume
• Track record of effectively liaising with clients in order to determine their requirements.
• Skilled in managing client proposals from initiation to printing.
• Strong background in briefing clients about design style, format, print, and timescales.
• Committed to providing excellence throughout the design and print production processes.
• Focused on ensuring a high quality of visuals and print.
• Adept at aesthetically developing concepts and graphics in sync with clients’ requirements.
• Proficient in determining the size and arrangement of copy and illustrative materials.
• Demonstrated expertise in preparing rough drafts based on briefs agreed on with clients.
• Competent in reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements where required.
• Qualified to create and maintain effective relationships with printers to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Proven ability to design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, and books amongst other communication tools.
• Highly skilled in creating materials by hand and through the use of technology.
• Particularly effective in selecting type sizes and styles aimed at enhancing readability.
• Unmatched ability to produce drafts for clients to review, and determine modifications along with them.
• First-hand experience in using design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Excellent ability to review final productions for errors, ensuring that they are removed.
• Expert at ensuring that final designs reflect clients’ specifications.
• Able to coordinate efforts with external agencies such as art services, web designers, and printers to ensure timely project delivery.
• Experienced in keeping within budget guidelines for all design projects.