Getting inspiration from an already written dental assistant cover letter sample is good. But copying word for word is not.
Dental Assistant cover letters can be hard to write and take time, but they are a necessary document in the job application process – one that cannot be done without.
If you know anything about the hiring procedure (for most companies), you will be surprised to discover that hiring managers seldom read resumes.
It is the cover letter which accompanies the resume that gets the most attention. Cover letters are more informative and that is why they are given much more thought than resumes are.
To ensure that you have written your dental assistant cover letter according to the standards, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
• Is my cover letter consistently formatted?
• Did I personalize my cover letter as per needs of the employer?
• Did I correctly point out how I can perform the dental assisting job?
• Does my cover letter possess information of my most relevant experiences and skills?
• Is it free from grammar problems, spelling mistakes, and syntax errors?
If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you have a cover letter that is worth reading.
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample
323 Pine Street
Miami, FL 32655
March 8, 2018
Ms. Tina Walker
Manager Human Resource
58 SW 162nd Street
Miami, FL 39852
Dear Ms. Walker:
As a strong advocate for oral hygiene and health, my role as a Dental Assistant has always been dynamic. With a great ability to increase the efficiency in the delivery of quality oral care, I can be immediately productive.
Specifically, my skills as a dental assistant include:
• Providing efficient 4 and 6 handed chairside assistance.
• Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts and developing dental radiographs accurately.
• Calming anxious patients down.
• Providing logistical help such as passing instruments and operating dental equipment.
• Controlling infections by strictly adhering to infection control protocols.
I will be able to provide you with a more comprehensive view of my potential as a Dental Assistant in a one-on-one meeting. Please feel free to call me at (000) 666-6666 if you have any questions regarding my candidature. I will contact you next week to see if a mutually convenient time of interview can be arranged.
Thank you for your time and consideration.