When making a customer service rep resume, many people write a resume objective. But now this trend is changing – some people write a professional summary instead. This is still just a few lines, but you can get more into them than you can in a resume objective. In a professional summary, you need to incorporate the following:
• Write all your qualifications in two or three lines
• Show what your value is and why the hiring manager should bring you on
• Bring your employment goal to the table
In essence, you are focusing on your abilities, experience and proficiency, and if you provide a hiring manager with all this, you make his or her decision easier to make. It will help in making him understand who and what you are, and the process of making him read the rest of your resume and then call you for an interview will begin. Then comes the interview, and it’s up to you to continue the good work of convincing him that you’re right for the job.
Have a look at these examples of professional summaries for a customer service representative:
• Highly motivated and creative individual with 12 years of customer service experience in 4 different countries and cultures. Track record of providing customer care goals in compliance with company rules and regulations. A friendly and helpful individual who is able to tackle all kinds of situations effectively.
• Helpful and reliable professional with 8-plus-year vast experience in helping customers get what they want to their gratification and at the same time ensuring that sales goals are met to the satisfaction of the company. A fun and friendly individual who is known for maintaining a professional environment in hectic situation. Ability to work in high volume fast paced environments.
• Creative and versatile Customer Service professional with 9 years’ hands-on experience in dealing with customers, both to their satisfaction and that of the company’s. Able to research and resolve problems before they become crises, as well as troubleshooting product delivery and quality issues.
• Self-motivated Customer Service Representative with 10 years of serving customers with clear and transparent interaction. Great communication skills combined with profound ability to resolve problems arising to ensure recurring business opportunities.
Last updated on