Although profiles/summaries have primarily overtaken the Customer Service Rep resume objectives, there are many situations where your resume still needs an objective statement.
Some of these are:
- You are seeking an entry-level Customer Service Rep position.
- You are planning to change your career.
- You have diverse experience and want to specify your future aspired field of work.
- The employer has many open vacancies, and you need to specify the position you are interested in.
- The employer has specifically asked for a career objective to be added in a resume.
- The resume is to be submitted electronically, and the built-in application form has a column that requires you to enter a career objective statement.
Once you have decided to add a career objective to your Customer Service Rep resume, the next decision is about its format.
An objective can be written in many formats. For example, it can start with some of your key strengths, followed by the title of the position you are seeking. Also, it can begin with the title of the job, followed by your customer service skills. In either case, it is advisable to limit the length of an objective statement to one or two lines.
As a matter of fact, an ideal objective statement is crisp and short. Its purpose is to give an idea to the reader regarding the main strengths you offer and ways in which you intend to apply those if hired.
The reader is not interested in reading long stories about your experience in this section.
Below are some examples of customer service rep objectives for resume.
Customer Service Rep Objective Examples
• To work dedicatedly for ABC Company as a Customer Service Representative. Offers effective communication skills and proven convincing power.
• Seeking a Customer Service Representative position at CVS. Sound background in productive relationship building with customers, product launching, and query addressing.
• To obtain a customer service representative position at Hallmark. Proficient in customer service protocols and product features presentation. Known for retaining clients through memorable customer service.
• Versatile, courteous, and detail-oriented Customer Service Representative, offering high-quality services to clients for the past 4 years. Seeking a challenging position at IMF. Track record of consistently enhancing the customer satisfaction by effective complaint handling.
• Results-driven and determined customer service professional. Excel in customer guidance, query response, complaint processing, and clientele enhancement. Seeking an opportunity at the Hallmark Company as a CSR where 5+ years experience could translate into the firm’s profitability.