Right after you introduce yourself in a custodian resume summary, it is time to highlight your skills and qualifications. This section should be short yet comprehensive.
While you don’t need to write a lot of information here, whatever you do write needs to be all-encompassing. A mere 4-5 sentences should suffice in providing the employer with a good view of what you are capable of.
It is true that most cover letters do have all the information on your qualifications, but it is also important to place them in resumes. Cover letters are read and sometimes not registered properly until the complementing information is seen in a resume.
The qualifications section of your resume is considered as the most important after the summary, which is why it comes right after the summary. The problem with writing qualifications is that many people seem to confuse them with job duties. Qualifications are not your responsibilities – they are skills and competencies that you need in order to perform your duties. Do not use them interchangeably.
To see how you can place them in a resume, here are some examples of qualifications statements:
Sample Skills and Qualifications for a Custodian Resume
1. Highly experienced in performing building inspections to ensure complete airtight security of the premises.
2. Exceptionally well-versed in cleaning buildings by sweeping and mopping floors in rooms, apartments, lobbies, and offices.
3. Demonstrated expertise in performing grounds maintenance by efficiently performing mowing, watering, sweeping, and weeding activities.
4. Documented success in handling trash management duties by effectively removing trash from bins and ashtrays and ensuring that it is properly disposed of.
5. Proficient in implementing sanitization practices to ensure absolute safety from diseases and illnesses.
6. Adept at managing floor cleaning activities by efficiently picking up litter, removing gum and sanitizing surfaces according to established protocols
7. Deeply familiar with operating cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, scrubbers, and buffer to ensure neat and maintained outlook of the building.
8. Effectively able to set building alarms in an accurate manner to ward off the dangers of burglaries.
9. Proven record of effectively and safely mixing and using chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to surfaces.
10. Able to ensure building security by performing lockdown and opening duties at the end and beginning of each day
11. Competent in identifying the need for repairs and maintenance inside and outside assigned buildings, and immediately notifying the manager.
12. Exceptionally talented in removing snow from sidewalks, parking areas, and driveways making effective use of shovels and snowblowers.