Resumes can backfire as quickly as they can be successful.
Making sure that your resume for mental health counselor position is spot on with what a hiring manager expects to see in it is imperative.
Here is a sample to help you in this regard:
Mental Health Counselor Resume Sample
1088 Farm Road, Lincoln, DE 98002
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
Insightful Mental Health Counselor with over eight years of experience in providing patients with core mental health counseling services. Skilled developing and implementing behavioral care plans, and ensuring their efficacy through monitoring, and tweaking.
Ability to collect precise information about patients through interviews and observations. Reviews critical incidents and conducts behavioral analysis to determine patients’ specific personalities.
|✓ Patient Assessment||✓ Intervention Plans||✓ Mental Health Monitoring|
|✓ Stress Management||✓ Counseling||✓ Crises Management|
|✓ Support Services||✓ Medication Tracking||✓ Charts Maintenance|
|✓ Case Managers Liaison||✓ Group Therapy||✓ Record-keeping|
• Successfully rehabilitated over 500 patients in 3 years, through the implementation of specialized mental counseling.
• Implemented a foolproof crises management program, which proved to be 100% successful in handling tricky situations involving patients.
• Introduced a clinical charts maintenance system, which was 85% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Saved a patient from self-harm, by recognizing signs of distress during therapy, and handling the situations before it went out of hand.
Mental Health Counselor
Sava Care, Lincoln, DE | 11/2013 – Present
• Interview patients to determine their specific mental and emotional health needs and limitations.
• Engage patients’ family members in conversation to acquire information regarding backgrounds and medical histories.
• Assess patients’ psychological and emotional conditions to determine conditions and illnesses.
• Create and implement core mental and emotional health care plans based on individual needs of each patient.
• Ascertain that the care plan is working correctly, and provide modifications to ensure its efficacy.
Mental Health Counselor
City Clinic, Lincoln, DE | 6/2010 – 11/2013
• Monitored patients throughout the implementation of the program, providing required interventions.
• Developed and implemented comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with patients’ requirements.
• Created and maintained records of patient information safely and confidentially.
• Developed individualized treatment plans based on clinical data.
• Monitored, evaluated, and recorded patients’ progress following measurable goals specified in treatment plans.
Mental Health Aide
Fifth Element Health, Lincoln, DE | 2/2009 – 6/2010
• Engaged patients and their families in conversation to determine their medical backgrounds.
• Recorded all information provided by patients and family members in predefined systems.
• Assisted mental health counselors in developing and implementing individualized care plans.
• Provided crises intervention, ensuring that the physical and emotional well-being of each patient was not compromised.
• Created and maintained patients’ records, and ensured that they were periodically updated.
Delaware State University, Lincoln, DE – 2009
Master of Science in Psychology
Last updated on