An effective resume for admissions counselor job can only be created if your first step is to thoroughly analyze yourself.
When you do this, you have ample information that you can then effectively place into your resume.
Here is a format that you can base your resume on:
Admissions Counselor Resume Sample
928 Hayward Street, Orange, NJ 12002
pat.green @ email . com
Upbeat and positive Admissions Counselor with extensive exposure to serving as the face of academic institutions. Excellent commuicator with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time, aiming to provide structure to the facility’s admissions procedures.
Efficiently and aptly interviews, counsels and advises prospective students about admissions processes. Remains calm under pressure. Committed to developing and maintaining effective relationships with students.
|✓ Student Counseling||✓ Program Support||✓ Budget Oversight|
|✓ Recruitment Strategies||✓ Goals Setting||✓ Group Presentations|
|✓ Information Sessions||✓ Academic Support||✓ Record Keeping|
|✓ Materials Distribution||✓ Enrollment Facilitation||✓ Facility Advocacy|
• Successfully filled all student slots for all assigned programs between the years 2013 and 2016.
• Held 14 informational academic seminars in one year, in three cities within the assigned area.
• Implemented a core student recruitment strategy, which was considered 50% more workable than the one already in place.
• Stayed well within the budget provided for intercity student presentations and admissions fairs.
Chester Technical College, Orange, NJ | 12/2014 – Present
• Develop alumni networks by identifying and training successful alumni to assist with student enrollment activities.
• Create and maintain students’ profile by conducting detailed research and interviewing applicants.
• Provide prospective students with information about admissions procedures and offered courses and programs.
• Respond to prospective students’ questions and concerns, and assist them in completing required documents.
• Convert prospective students into confirmed admissions to maintain target metrics.
George Brown College, Orange, NJ | 6/2010 – 12/2014
• Assisted prospective students in gathering necessary information to make informed decisions about their courses and programs.
• Navigated to various processes necessary to enroll into the institution.
• Counseled students by providing them with advice on which programs and courses to take up, according to their interests and academic backgrounds.
• Organized and executed workshops, informational seminars and special events to provide students in assigned areas with information on offered courses.
• Assisted students in gathering and verifying documents required for admissions processes.
Admissions Office Aide
New Jersey State University, Orange, NJ | 2/2003 – 5/2010
• Assisted counsellors in preparing information packets for prospective students.
• Performed initial student interviews to gather information about their eligibility.
• Created and maintained student information records, ensuring that they were timely updated.
• Provided support with special events such as university fairs, counselling sessions, seminars and group presentations.
• Assisted students in arranging for documents required for admissions procedures.
New Jersey State University, Orange, NJ – 2002
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Customer Relationship Management Systems
• Ability to learn new systems quickly
Last updated on