Being an academic professional, an admissions counselor’s job is highly administrative in nature. These professionals are usually hired by a college or a university and are required to assist the director of admissions with a broad range of admission procedures. They also seek out students and provide them with information and guidance regarding the institute’s programs.
As representatives of higher-learning institutions, admissions counselors organize many outreach activities such as college fairs and academic presentations. Once they have managed to reach out to prospective students, they interview possible student candidates and select them on the basis of grade evaluations and recommendation letters. Apart from this, admissions counselors also maintain and record student information and assist directors of admissions in implementing admission strategies to meet the core objectives of the institute.
There are many qualitative requirements for an admissions counselor’s position; the top of the list is excellent communication skills. He or she will need to be very well-organized and be able to work non-traditional hours.
People who apply as admissions counselors must ensure that their resume objectives are targeted and reflective of their qualities. Some sample resume objectives are listed below which you might find interesting when writing your own.
Sample Objectives for Admissions Counselor Resume
For Entry Level Candidates
• Seeking a position as an Admissions Counselor at The California State University employ knowledge of providing post-secondary education through various outreach programs and activities
• Desire a position as an Admissions Counselor with Washington State University. Offering exceptional communication skills and outreach expertise aimed at prospecting undergraduate and graduate students through a variety of recruitment events
• To work as an Admissions Counselor with The University of Mississippi where I can employ my insight of developing specialized student recruitment programs in order to attain a sizeable pool of prospective students for the university’s programs
For Experienced Candidates
• Looking for a position as an Admissions Counselor with Keiser University. Offering strong background and expertise in conducting counseling sessions for prospective students in order to assist them in making important admission decisions
• To obtain employment as an Admission Counselor with Liberty University providing support to the admissions office in conjunction with student prospection, education and enrolment procedures
• Seeking an Admissions Counselor position with Manhattan University of Science. Offering exceptional interpersonal qualities and analytic sense aimed at determining student candidates’ appropriateness for specialized university programs
• Looking for an Admissions Counselor position with Everglades University. Bringing 5 years’ experience in counseling student for academic programs and employing recruitment expertise to choose the best pool of students for each program
Last updated on