Skills prepare us for success at the workplace. If you have a special skill, you are bound to work well in an organized environment. However, if you lack the skills to do a job, your personal or professional success cannot be guaranteed. Most skills that one needs to work include soft skills such as ability and willingness to learn new things, critical thinking and problem solving skills, collaboration and teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize information.
However, there are many job related skills that one needs in order to work well within an organization. For instance, if you are a cook, you need to be skilled in handling different cuisines and that will be considered your special skill. Employers generally look for people who can do the work properly and have it in them to be able to negotiate, manage relationships, lead teams and strategize.
By knowing your skills, you can present them properly. To come out as an attractive personality, you need to package and present yourself as someone who knows the job, because this is the only way that the person who is hiring you will know that you are the right person for the job. Highlight your skills as much as possible so that you come across as someone that the employer is dying to hire.
For special skills pertinent to a restaurant cook resume, take a look at the following list:
• Demonstrated ability to cook special cuisines including French, Italian, Iranian and Spanish
• Hands-on experience in cooking specialty dishes such as fillet mignon, sushi and pork chops
• Adept at following set recipes to cook menu items and tweaking recipes to meet individual needs of customers
• Proficient in operating cooking equipment and appliances and ensuring that preventative maintenance is performed on them in an efficient manner
• Demonstrated ability to cook and package batches of food and make sure that it is stored in a proper manner
• Competent in operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, griddles and deep-fat fryers
• Qualified to prepare special drinks such as Spanish and mint margaritas and blue lagoons
• Proven ability to clean and sanitize kitchen areas such as counters and floors to ensure compliance with food and health safety protocols
• Adept at rotating food items in storage areas to ensure that they stay fresh and are used and consumed before the expiry date
• Focused on providing the best in customer services by actively and positively taking customer feedback and ensuring that food preparation methods are tweaked according to them