The position of Line Cook is the backbone of the culinary industry. A line cook gets excellent benefits besides a high salary and meal discounts, health benefits, and more.
If you are interested in the advancement of your career, then there are excellent progression opportunities in this profession.
This culinary professional is responsible for providing food to patrons and customers by following recipes, piece controls, and presentation specifications of menu items.
Below are some qualifications for a Line Cook position. You might use these phrases when making your resume or advertise a job.
Recommended: Line Cook Cover Letter
Sample Qualifications for Line Cook Resume
- 3+ years’ progressively responsible experience in cooking, food service, and hospitality arena
- Current food handler’s card
- Well-versed in preparing food items following recipe standards
- Highly skilled in setting up food service and preparation stations
- Known for ensuring patrons are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation
- Competent in ordering and receiving food and supplies
- Able to order and prepare food for catering events
- Proficient in cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas
- Committed to practice, check, and strengthen food safety procedures
- Competent at creating and upholding a safe working environment
- Able to re-stock all items as required all through the shift
- Proven record of delivering outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with patrons and staff
- Good math skills
- Track record of working in a flexible timetable based on employer’s requirements
- Eager to perform all kinds of additional tasks assigned by the manager
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quick, accurate, and excellent customer relationships
- Proficient in maintaining a safe working environment utilizing food safety plan
- Work efficiently in fast-paced and noisy environments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good hand-eye coordination
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment