How does one put in the wow factor in an entry level resume? The answer lies in how you construct the first line of the resume – the objective. If the resume objective is attractive, the rest of the resume is considered good in retrospect. Maybe the rest of the resume will never get read because the objective said it all. Or maybe, the objective was nothing to write home about and the rest of the resume is deemed the same.
Writing a compelling resume objective is imperative. This is especially true if you are writing a resume for a first job or for a position for which you have little or no experience. The resume will act as an introduction to your professional profile and will give off the impression of good research. But of course, it has to show that research was done in the first place.
To write an objective that sells, find out what the company is looking for. Are they looking for someone with a dynamic personality? Or an individual who is detail-oriented and organized? Once you know this, you can write your objective using the same power words used in the job description.
What follows is a list of resume objectives for an entry level cook resume:
• Seeking a position as a Cook at Greektown Casino using exceptional knowledge of food preparation and cooking techniques and times.
• Looking for a Cook position at Sage Dining Services employing ability to prepare entrees, create menus and handle recipe tweaking to meet customer satisfaction standards
• Desire a position as a Cook with Four Seasons. Offering expertise in handling the overall preparation of a la carte menu and special items, following appropriate food preparation and sanitation procedures.
• To work as a Cook at The Dame’s Restaurant utilizing deep understanding of adhering to the integrity of set recipes, by preparing and cooking meats and vegetables according to standard procedures.
• To obtain a position as a Cook with Compass Group. Eager to apply proficiency in inspecting food preparation and serving areas to ensure sanitary food handling practices. Adept at preparing and cooking a variety of Italian and Indian cuisines.
• Seeking a Cook position with The Grand Hyatt utilizing skills in preparing different cuisines including French, Italian, Spanish and Indian.
• Looking for a position as a Cook at Captain Cook’s. Bringing preparation, cooking and serving knowledge to ensure customer satisfaction and recurring business opportunities.