The ability to cook delicious food is a skill that is expected of all cooks and chefs.
Unless a list of skills is provided in a resume, it becomes difficult for hiring managers to gauge what the individual is all about. S
pecifically, knowledge of different cuisines and the ability to create dishes according to set recipes need to be added into the resume.
It is important to note that a cook resume’s skills section is the area that recruiters primarily zero in on. If it is well written, there is a great chance that you will be called in for an interview.
And if you mess up this part, you might just have to get back to the drawing board.
As far as the particular skills of a cook or chef go, one has to highlight the ability to set menus and create recipes.
If you have accomplished something great in a cooking capacity, look back in order to find out which specific skill helped you do it.
To see what skills you can make part of your resume for a cook position, and how skills statements are actually written, have a look at the following examples:
See also: Cook Resume
Cooking Skills to List in Resume
• Highly skilled in setting menus in accordance with restaurant managers
• Demonstrated expertise in creating exotic recipes in order to meet patrons’ demands
• Effectively able to make arrangements for ingredients to me made available on time
• Deeply familiar with overseeing the starting of grills, ovens, and stoves
• Unmatched ability to cut, chop, and cube items such as meats, cheeses, and vegetables
• Exceptionally talented in marinating food items ensuring that the right timelines are followed
• Expert in following recipes in order to cook, grill, and bake menu items
• Ability to ensure that cooking range timers and gauges are properly set and adjusted as needed
• Well-versed in ensuring that all received orders are prepared in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to portion and garnish food items on plates and platters
• Proficient in ensuring that patrons’ orders are delivered hot and fresh
• Adept at overseeing and maintaining an inventory of kitchen supplies and ingredients
• Proven ability to effectively create and maintain liaison with vendors and suppliers in order to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and other items
• Solid track record of overseeing the work of sous chefs and other kitchen staff members
• Competent in ensuring kitchen cleanliness and sanitization throughout the day