Due to the advancement in technology, the need for technical people is increasing significantly.
PC technicians are the most specialized professionals who install, diagnose, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software to ensure optimal workstation performance.
People applying for a PC technician position are required to be experts in handling computers, networks, and all types of operating systems.
When a PC technician writes a resume, they should highlight their skills in performing troubleshooting procedures, installing software and hardware, and networking.
Job seekers who are looking for a position as a PC technician use the following resume sample when attempting to write one of their own. This sample meets the needs of current resume trends. You can use and modify this sample for your personal use only.
Sample Resume for PC/Computer Technician
333 Wentworth Avenue, Houston, TX 66999
A+, CCNP, and MCSE Certified
Dedicated and resourceful Computer Technician with 12+ years’ extensive experience in testing, installing, repairing, and maintaining a diverse range of hardware, software, and peripherals. Track record of providing quality tier-1 support and customer service. Demonstrated ability to organize incoming tickets and work orders. Known for maintaining a safe, friendly, and responsible work environment.
• Installation: All kinds of hardware (Branded and non-branded), windows, software, applications, and antivirus
• Troubleshooting: Failure identification, desktop/laptop/printer break-fix, servers and workstations management
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and Macintosh
• Computer Networks: LAN/WAN/MAN, Cabling
• User Account Management and Training
• Customer Service / CRM
• MS Office Suite
Orkin Technologies, Jemison, AL
Jan 2015 – Present
• Redesign and implement a more efficient network system, resulting in optimal performance of all workstations
• Troubleshoot an extremely challenging software problem with a standalone PC
• Install hardware and software on standalone personal computers and laptops
• Ensure maintenance of end-user workstations and peripheral devices
• Assist in providing desktop application solutions
• Quickly respond to technical assistance requests
• Manage testing procedures for newly installed hardware and software applications
• Ensure timely repair of the PC related equipment
• Help with network troubleshooting procedures
• Provide backup to the network administrator
• Install and update antivirus programs regularly
TEKNO, Houston, TX
Aug 2007 – Jan 2015
• Introduced an antivirus solution that spanned both LANs and WANs using one server for control
• Wrote a self-help troubleshooting manual to assist users in managing simple PC problems on their own and saving time
• Resolved hardware and software issues
• Maintained network and associated devices as allocated
• Prepared reports on network and network tools supplies
• Liaised with IT network providers regarding the latest technical queries
• Provided standby help on computer-related issues to end-users
TEKNO, Houston, TX
Jan 2006 – Aug 2007
• Assisted in installing and maintaining computer systems
• Provided basic troubleshooting services
• Documented troubleshooting activities and preparing technical logs
• Supported in the configuration of computer networks
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Texas State University, Houston, TX – 2005