A resume for Certified Nursing Assistant position should be written in a way which catch the eye of the recruiter at the very first glance.
This can be done by mentioning your most relevant qualifications, skills and abilities from the recruiter’s perspective.
What transferable skills and abilities recruiters want to see in Certified Nursing Assistant Resume?
Identify those skills such as taking temperature, pulses and respiration, blood pressure and assisting clients in ADLs. Each bullet statement in your skills and abilities section should directly relate to the needs of employer.
Don’t write generic skills and abilities for your resume even if you have no prior experience in this arena (See: CNA Resume with no experience).
Below are some skills and qualifications statements for a Certified Nursing Assistants. These phrases are very effective for experienced as well as new graduate/entry level CNA’a with no experience.
Sample Skills for CNA Resume
● Proven ability to take and record vital signs, temperature, blood pressure, pulses and respiration
● Adept at assisting residents in bathing, dressing and feeding
● Highly skilled in utilizing restorative measures in resident/patient care
● Proven record of collecting specimen in an accurate and precise manner
● Able to give compassionate round-the-clock care to clients and residents
● Competent at ensuring the personal hygiene and nutrition standards of clients
● Profound ability to provide patients with oral care, hair care and nail care
● First-hand experience in assisting residents in transportation and ambulation
● Competent at handling bowel and bladder and recording results of the same
● Exceptional organizational abilities demonstrated through progressive caregiving positions
● Strong desire to serve disabled and elderly residents
● Proven ability to deal tactfully with coworkers, residents and families
● Demonstrated patience and tact with a cheerful disposition
● Skilled in performing various housekeeping duties such as cleaning and replacing linens