Call it a personal summary, summary statement or performance profile, it is the same thing. A nursing assistant personal summary is what marks the beginning of your resume. This short paragraph charts out all that you are as a professional and as a person. The three or four lines that you will write as a personal summary is what will describe your abilities and suitability for a job to a prospective employer.
It is imperative to be absolutely clear about the role for which you are applying, before you write a personal summary on your resume. Since this part of the resume acts as both ice breaker and introduction, you don’t want to start off on the wrong foot. This summary should be a teaser for what is to follow in the rest of the resume. Of course, you will have to make sure that the information you provide in the resume correlates with the summary. This is why it is important to be absolutely accurate in this part.
The personal summary cannot be too detailed. You need to leave some information for the rest of the resume as well. Talk about your skills, experiences and aspirations in a personal summary. Anything that will make the employer feel that you are the right choice to hire for a position, works in a personal summary.
Following are some examples of personal summaries for a nursing assistant resume:
• 11+ years’ extensive and diverse experience in nursing assistance arena. Highly developed skills in providing patients with assistance in their personal needs and providing support to them in activities of daily living.
• Self-motivated, compassionate and energetic Nursing Assistant with demonstrated expertise in maintaining patient comfort by providing them with correlating care and counseling. Accurately checks and records vitals, and intake and output information.
• Resourceful and self-confident CNA with documented success in providing emotional and physical support to patients. Adept at assisting residents with grooming, bathing and toileting while maintaining their dignity.
• Energized Nursing Assistant with inherent compassion and patience, aimed at attending to the individual needs of clients. Competent at maintaining a safe and clean environment for clients by ensuring that their surroundings are conducive to safety and hygiene.
• Competent and hardworking Nursing Assistant with 6 years’ vast experience working at residential facilities and hospitals. Unmatched talent in providing patients / residents with exceptional physical and emotional care with a view to facilitate quick recovery.