A hospice CNA’s work is not easy, that is why employers prefer the most competent certified nursing assistants.
And if you want to be considered the best, your resume has to be excellently written.
As a hospice CNA, your resume should highlight how well you can provide end of life care to patients.
When writing a hospice CNA resume, make sure that the right information is provided.
For instance, it is imperative to include your knowledge of personal care and medical and non-medical treatment provision.
Moreover, you should highlight how well-versed you are in providing family assistance.
Here is a resume sample for a hospice CNA position:
Hospice CNA Resume Sample
82 Springs Road, Nashville, TN38035
Compassionate Hospice Nursing Assistant with extensive experience providing palliative care to terminally ill patients. Effectively able to create and implement care plans while overseeing patients’ nutritional needs.
• Devised a customizable care plan for patients, decreasing problems associated with customizing each plan.
• Implemented a nutritional check system, hence, streamlined patients’ nutrition intake.
• Introduced the concept of grief counseling, increasing guardians’ interest in availing the facility’s services.
• Converted the facility’s records into electronic forms, reducing paperwork by 80%.
|Companionship||Light Housekeeping||Family Assistance|
|Meal Prep||Personal Assistance||Grief Counseling|
|Reports Generation||Records Handling||Emergency Response|
|Ambulation Assistance||Bathing & Dressing||Fall Prevention|
Goodwin House, Nashville, TN | 2013 – Present
• Check work orders to determine assigned patients.
• Engage assigned patients in conversation in order to determine their personalities.
• Create and implement customized care plans for each patient.
• Provide personal care such as grooming, bathing, and toileting.
• Observe patients to determine their conditions.
• Intervene in emergencies and accidents.
• Report any changes in patients to the doctor.
• Address the physical needs of patients’ such as mobility and exercise.
• Perform housekeeping duties.
• Administer medication.
• Provide support to families in times of grief.
• Take and record vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse.
Haven Healthcare, Nashville, TN | 2007-2013
• Assisted patients with daily personal care.
• Provided assistance in getting up and lying down.
• Pushed wheelchairs through the facility in order to transport patients.
• Cleaned and sanitized patients’ rooms.
• Changed bedsheets.
• Ensured that soiled sheets and linen were transported to the laundry area.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
TN State Certified Nursing Assistant
High School Diploma
Nashville High School, Nashville, TN – 2005