Knowing the right skills needed for a CNA position will help you write your skills effectively in a resume.
In order to write CNA skills in an impressive and meaningful manner, one must come up with short bullet statements utilizing power verbs and adjectives.
Highlight your skills in different categories and by prioritizing the content you include in the skills section moving from most wanted ones at the top towards less wanted ones at the bottom.
To ascertain the exact skills required for a CNA position by the employer it is best to conduct some research and find out the expectations of a certain employer. However in general CNA skills can be divided into some broad categories, samples of which are given below.
Here is a comprehensive list of skills for a Certified Nursing Assistant Resume.
Nursing Assistance Skills:
• Skilled in assisting nurses, doctors and surgeons during procedures.
• Competent at sterilizing all surgical and medical equipment after each use.
• Profound ability to administer IV medications and vein location to pass canula.
• Well versed in providing catheter care and conducting enemas for pre-surgery patients.
Clinical and Lab Skills:
• Proficient in drawing and collecting blood and urine samples and specimens for lab testing
• Documented success in assessing and recording vital signs, conducting glucose checks and charting the patient’s progress
• Skilled in preparing patients for surgical or testing procedures
Personal Care Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the ward in sanitized and hygienic condition
• Adept at assisting the patients in personal care tasks including dressing, bathing and feeding
• Effective skills in passing and collecting bedpans, changing linens and replacing catheter bags
• Capable of transporting, turning and re-positioning patients
• Effective in operating various medical equipment including ECG machines, X-Ray equipment , USG systems and pulse monitors
• Competent at operating and maintaining computerized database for patient history recording and data updating
• Committed to comply with HIPPA issued sanitization and hygiene requirements
• Effective problem solver with excellent analytical skills
• Keen observation skills coupled with a compassionate and patient centered attitude
• Record in maintaining patient’s confidentiality, and dignity while ensuring their privacy
• Expert in explaining the treatment regimes to patients
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with nurses and physicians regarding patient progress
• Apt at communicating any changes or issues of concern in the patient’s condition effectively to the nurse in charge and consulting doctor
Last updated on