Resumes for certified nursing assistant position may be written in a number of formats including chronological, functional, federal or targeted.
In spite of format/layout or template you prefer, you should keep in mind that the major purpose of writing a resume is to obtain an interview.
CNA Resume Guidelines
• Your resume represents your overall personality and professionalism in nursing profession. It should contain bullet phrases containing information of your qualifications, expertise, accomplishments and relevant experiences that makes you an ideal candidate.
• Craft a simple, to-the-point and reader-friendly resume so that the hiring manager find the required information easily.
• Include relevant keywords in the competencies or expertise section. This will help you become successful in computerized or ATS shortlisting. These keywords will also help hiring managers to ask questions at the interview.
The following certified nursing assistant resume samples will assist you build or update your resume. You may also use this CNA Cover Letter to make a complete portfolio or job application set.
Related: CNA Resume 2017
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 1
Sharlene Peter, CNA
|(000) 591-9876||14 Jeff Ave, Detroit, MI 65221||sharlene @ email . com|
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
❖❖ Compassionate… Caring… Dignified ❖❖
Personable and high-energy Certified Nursing Assistant with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in ER, sub-acute, shock/trauma and triage units. Ability to address patient’s needs in a timely manner. Proven success in dealing with patients and families from different backgrounds. Repeated records of success working efficiently in busy healthcare environments and achieving the highest level of patient satisfaction.
|• Vital Signs||• Meal Preparation||• Patient Grooming|
|• Bathing/Dressing||• Toileting Assistance||• Nail/Hair Care|
|• Hygiene Standards||• Testing Assistance||• Medication Support|
|• Safety and Monitoring||• HIPAA Regulations||• EMR|
|• Risk Assessment||• Healthcare Software||• Medical Terminology|
• Take and record patients’ vital signs.
• Insert and empty catheter bags.
• Provide residents with companionship and exceptional personal care services including grooming, medication and toileting support.
• Prepare nutritious meals and assist residents in feeding.
• Make and change beds and perform light housekeeping.
• Maintain records and files of facility as per policies and standard operating procedures.
• Achieved 100% targets of resident care plans in 2016.
• Designed new strategies and timetable of duties, increasing 40% overall efficiency.
• Reorganized OB/GYN department which improved patient’s positive feedback by 50%.
• Assisted licensed nursing staff in providing direct and indirect patient care.
• Provided detailed information to patients and families.
• Maintained an organized, clean and safe environment.
• Ensured infection control procedures.
• Helped patients with toileting and bathing.
• Upheld confidentiality of patient and unit information.
• Interacted with coworkers in an obliging manner that contributed to the better operations of facility.
• Highly praised for effective and constant delivery of exceptional care to residents.
• Trained 10 new nursing aides.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Nurse’s Aide Program | Community College, Detroit, MI | 2008
Completed 80 hours of extensive clinical training
Miami State Certified Nursing Assistant
First Aid and CPR
ABCX and BLS (American Heart Association)
Member: National Association of Health Care Assistants
“I always strive to serve the residents and clients in the best possible way.”
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 2
32 Wesley Street | Seattle, WA 67008 | (004) 583-9654 | davis @ email . com
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Building patients confidence by assisting them in activities of daily living.
Compassionate and dependable Certified Nursing Assistant with 6+ years’ successful track record of providing personal care service to residents and clients suffering from diseases and disabilities. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner while demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
Natural problem solver with the ability to ensure safety and comfort of patients. Outgoing team player, communicates effectively with staff, patients, families and all levels of management.
|✓ Personal Care||✓ Vitals Monitoring||✓ Equipment Handling|
|✓ Minor Treatments||✓ Patient Hygiene||✓ Inventory Maintenance|
|✓ Medicine Administration||✓ HIPPA Regulations||✓ Patient Transportation|
|✓ Sample Collection||✓ Catheter Care||✓ Feeding Assistance|
|✓ Housekeeping||✓ Chart Updation||✓ Infection Control|
• Enhanced patient satisfaction level 65% through professional work ethic and compliance to HIPPA guidelines.
• Streamlined and implemented contemporary and highly effective infection control protocols.
• Attained 100% infection free ward environment after 2 months of hiring.
• Implemented a highly effective supplies inventory system that ensured round the clock availability of all supplies in the ward.
Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA | 4/2012 – Present
Certified Nursing Assistant
• Provide compassionate care to patients of different cultural backgrounds.
• Assist in delivery of personal care and respond to patient emergency calls.
• Take patient history at the time of admission and administer all medicines as per prescription.
• Prepare patients for procedures and provide wound care to post surgical cases.
• Help patients in walking, eating and personal hygiene.
• Record and report vitals.
• Dispense and retrieve bedpans.
• Insert and remove urinary catheters.
Mount Sinai Hospital, Seattle, WA | 3/2010 – 4/2012
Certified Nursing Assistant
• Performed a wide range of personal care activities effectively.
• Took and recorded vital signs and blood pressure.
• Assisted residents in bathing, nail care, mouth care, hair care, feeding and toileting.
• Helped licensed nursing staff with catheterizations and enemas.
• Recorded patients’ intake and output.
• Transported and ambulated patients.
• Changed linen and collected soiled laundry.
• Emptied and changed catheter drainage bags.
Regency Healthcare, Seattle, WA | 9/2009 – 3/2010
• Assisted licensed staff in maintaining an organized ward.
• Checked vitals of patients periodically.
• Ensured all patient charts were updated.
• Maintained ward supplies record and changed linens.
• Facilitated patients in transportation.
• Prepared documentation of patient admission, diagnosis, medication and discharge.
St. Peter’s Community College, Seattle, WA – 2009
Diploma in Nursing Assistance
Current CNA License from the State of Washington
BCLS, CPR and First Aid
American Nursing Association, ANA
International Society of Nursing Assistants, ISNA