● A resume for store clerk position must be simple, easy to read and able to communicate your abilities and skills to recruiter.
● It should contain your contact info, your job objective, educational and employment history and other relevant information.
● Depending on your employment history, a store clerk resume might be written in chronological, functional or combination format. The right format can represent you effectively and assist you find a new position.
● Proofread your resume and ask somebody else to do so as well. Correct any typos or misspellings before sending it.
The following sample resume for store clerk position is specifically designed for less experienced candidates. Don’t forget that your resume must be accompanied by an attractive Store Clerk Cover Letter.
85 Example Avenue | Nevada, MO 65997 | [Contact #] | [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as Store Clerk at ABC Company which will require me to use my extensive skills and capabilities in retail and customer service arena.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 7 months’ hands-on experience as a retail store clerk
• Highly skilled in maintaining product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor
• Able to ensure product availability
• Competent at maintaining cleanliness of store
• Proven record of communicating information to customers in professional manner
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to customers regarding products
• Demonstrated ability of operating cash register effectively
• Thorough understanding of maintaining a safe working environment for customers and fellow employees
• Highly skilled in handling customer service and other issues in the absence of the Store Manager
• Able to communicate efficiently with store administrators and fellow workers
Mar 2015 – Oct 2015
Bimbo Bakeries – Nevada, MO
• Greeted customers and maintained awareness regarding products
• Assisted customers in the selection of product
• Ensured stock levels on the sales floor were maintained at all times
• Participated in store meetings and trainings
• Reacted to all business needs promptly and with a sense of importance
• Loaded and unloaded trucks and checked orders
• Performed store cleaning tasks
• Ensured that carts and baskets were tidy
• Prepared for and participated in counting store physical record
• Answered telephone a in a friendly and polite manner
• Operated the cash register
High School Diploma – 2014
Community Public School – Nevada, MO
REFERENCES: Available on request