How to Write a Perfect Resume for a Grocery Store Job?
In your Grocery Store resume, put a strong emphasis on your capabilities which employers are seeking, such as providing courteous, fast friendly, and efficient customer service.
In this role, you will need to manage a cash register, stock groceries, and provide quick and pleasant customer service.
Take a look at the following resume sample of a grocery store clerk to make your winning resume.
Also, include this Grocery Store Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Grocery Store Resume Example
328 Douglas Street, Houston, TX 65228
[Email Address Here]
Seeking a Team Member position with Houston City Grocery Store. Offers extensive skills in sales, accounting, and customer service to maximize the profits of the organization.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 11 years of experience in the retail and sales industry.
• Ability to handle cash and daily cash register efficiently.
• Professional approach; able to make a good relationship with customers to ensure repeat business.
• Able to watch over any malpractice or theft in the grocery store.
• Familiar with the store’s stock and the proper storage location and temperature conditions for each item.
• Categorize and store merchandise.
Grocery Store Clerk
Houston City Grocery Store, Houston, TX
May 2013 – Present
• Record the items being purchased by customers into the cash register manually and with a barcode reader
• Validate that the items have been paid before the customer leaves the store
• Help the customer in completing the transaction
• Read hand-stamped prices and sum the outstanding amount
• Place purchased items in bags and provide them to baggers to load
• Assist other workers as required
• Accept payments from customers in cash, credit or debit cards, and checks, and made a change
ABC Department Store, Houston TX
June 2009 – May 2013
• Compared commodities invoices to items physically received to make sure that shipments are correct
• Designed and group advertising signs and displays of stock on shelves, counters, or tables to magnetize customers and promote sales
• Cleaned display cases, shelves, and aisles
• Packed customer purchases in bags
• Transported packages to customers’ vehicles
Graduated in 2007
George High School, Houston, TX
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional communication and writing skills
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Pleasant personality and friendly manner
• Able to lift weight up to 40 pounds
• Expert in using different kinds of inventory software
• Good command of MS Office Suite
Strong references available