In your Grocery Store resume, put a strong emphasis on your capabilities which employers are seeking such as providing courteous, fast friendly, and efficient customer service.
In this role, you will need to manage a cash register, stock groceries and provide quick and pleasant customer service.
Take a look at the following resume sample of a grocery store clerk to make your winning resume.
Also, include this Grocery Store Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Grocery Store Resume Example
328 Douglas Street, Houston, TX 65228
(000) 546-3245, [Email Address Here]
Seeking a Team Member position with Houston City Grocery Store. Offers extensive skills in sales, accounting and customer service to maximize the profits of the organization.
• Over two years of experience in retail and sales industry.
• Ability to handle cash and daily cash register efficiently.
• Professional approach; able to make good relationship with customers to ensure repeat business.
• Able to watch over any malpractice or theft in the grocery store.
• Familiar with store’s stock and the proper storage location and temperature conditions for each item.
• Categorize and store merchandise.
May 2010 – July 2011
Houston City Grocery Store, Houston TX
Grocery Store Clerk
• Recorded the items being purchased by customers into the cash register manually and with a barcode reader.
• Validated that the items have been paid before the customer leaves the store.
• Helped the customer in completing the transaction.
• Read hand-stamped prices and sum the outstanding amount.
• Placed purchased items in bags and provide them to baggers to load.
• Assisted other workers as required.
• Accepted payments from customers in cash, credit or debit cards, and checks, and made a change.
June 2009 – May 2010
ABC Department Store, Houston TX
• Compared commodities invoices to items physically received to make sure that shipments are correct.
• Designed and group advertising signs and displays of stock on shelves, counters, or tables to magnetize customers and promote sales.
• Cleaned display cases, shelves, and aisles.
• Packed customer purchases in bags.
• Transported packages to customers’ vehicles.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional communication and writing skills
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Pleasant personality and friendly manner
• Able to lift weight up to 40 pounds
• Expert in using different kinds of inventory software
• Good command of MS Office Suite
Strong references available
Last updated on