Dirty pools are a complete put off for swimmers as they serve as breeding grounds for diseases and infections. Since swimmers are at their most vulnerable when in a pool, it is essential for swimming pools to be clean and sanitized regularly.
Pool technicians or cleaners are hired to perform this very difficult, yet critical job. They take specific care to assure that swimming pools in hotels, homes, and resorts are adequately cleaned.
Not only they perform rigorous cleaning duties periodically, but they are also required to ensure the proper chemistry of pools using chemicals and chlorine.
Some major duties of a pool cleaner are listed below. You may use these phrases to build a Pool Cleaner Resume.
Pool Technician and Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities
- Check pools for dirt and debris on a daily basis and use specialized equipment to extract both.
- Drain pools on a weekly basis to perform cleaning and maintenance work.
- Backwash pool water filter every day to keep the pool clean.
- Check the chemistry of the pool and chlorinate the pool if required.
- Scrub pool floors and walls using sponges, soap, and chemicals.
- Perform vacuuming activities in hard to reach places inside the pool.
- Clean and disinfect drain pipes to make certain that no clogs are apparent.
- Empty pool traps and filters and replace either or both in case of wear and tear of malfunction.
- Fill the pool with water after maintenance activities have been performed and check for appropriate pool chemistry.
- Mix chemicals in appropriate quantities and pour the concoction into pools.
- Maintain pool water levels by checking gauges.
- Perform maintenance work on areas around the pool such as the deck and the shower stands.
- Perform minor fixture adjustments and repairs around the pool.
- Supervise extensive repair work being performed in the pool or around it.
- Store pool equipment and tools in a proper manner.
- Perform maintenance work on hot tubs and Jacuzzis.
- Check pool filtration motors and equipment regularly.
- Buy needed pool maintenance supplies as needed and assure safe storage of cleaning chemicals and tools.
Pool cleaners are not only required to perform maintenance work on swimming pools. They are often called upon to handle maintenance issues on Jacuzzi and hot tubs.
Pool Cleaner and Technician Job Requirements
Basic requirements to work as a pool cleaner include possessing a high school diploma or a GED.
Good attention to detail and knowledge of safe cleaning techniques is also required.