Whenever you enter someone’s office (or yours), the clean tables and chairs, the clean floor, and the sparkling windows are usually a cause of unvoiced applause. This is due to the never-ending efforts of janitors or office cleaners who spend their entire day cleaning up an office.
Office Cleaner Job Description
Office cleaners perform a variety of cleaning, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and washing duties in and around an office. They usually work a nine-hour shift or for as long as an office is open.
It is the job of an office cleaner to make sure that floors do not remain dirty for long and that trash bins are emptied regularly.
A company’s image is dependent on how well an office it keeps. This is why the work of an office cleaner holds much importance.
To work as an office cleaner, you may not need much more than a high school diploma, but you do need to have some information about standard cleaning procedures.
Office Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities for Resume
- Clean, dust, and mop office floors by using a variety of equipment and supplies.
- Mix the cleaning liquids in correct and safe quantities.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and make sure that they are dried out before the day begins.
- Wipe down desks and chairs and make sure that stubborn smears are removed using appropriate cleaning materials.
- Empty trash cans and ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed of.
- Clean and wash down windows and ensure that they are adequately dried.
- Properly clean and maintain the office kitchen and equipment.
- Wash down restrooms and ensure they are correctly sanitized.
- Replenish towels, soap, and toilet paper in bathrooms regularly.
- Wipe down walls, doors, and wall hangings using appropriate types of cleaners and cloth.
- Replace light bulbs and identify maintenance issues.
- Apply sealant to floors.
- Properly clean all the areas around the office, such as walkways and parking lots.
- Shovel snow off sidewalks and sprinkle sand to make them safe for walking.
- Move around heavy equipment and furniture for storage or rearranging.
- Lock the office properly at the end of the day.
REcommended: Office Cleaner Resume Sample